SERVPRO of Marietta West is Hiring Water & Fire Restoration Technicians
SERVPRO of Marietta West is a family owned local business with backing of the nations leading name in the water & fire restoration industry...SERVPRO!
SERVPRO of Marietta West is a busy restoration company that is searching for a full-time highly motivated fire/water restoration technician to become a member of our team. As a valued SERVPRO of Marietta West employee, you will be part of a stable, growing company offering state-of-the-art customer service and products. You will receive a competitive salary plus bonus, with the opportunity to learn and grow. We are looking for individuals who are looking to better themselves. This position will be part of our emergency water damage and restoration crews on projects involving residential and commercial buildings.
SERVPRO of Marietta West is Hiring Restoration Technicians
Experience in the fire and water damage restoration and mold remediation industry is a plus and certifications are helpful, but not required. Candidates must be available to serve on our 24-hour on-call rotation, have a clean valid driver's license, and be able to pass a criminal background check and also submit to random drug screening.
Desired Experience & Training
- Training in the restoration and/or repair of water, fire, mold and storm damage
- Experience in general labor restoration and construction trades like demolition, containment set up, water extraction, carpet cleaning, and cleaning
- IICRC WRT certification are a major plus but not required
- Willingness to learn, "can do" attitude, good work ethic, communication skills, professional appearance
Compensation and Benefits
- Steady 40+ Hours Weekly
- Paid Sick, Holiday/Vacation, & Personal Days
- 401K Retirement Plan Options
- After Hours Incentive Plan & Bonuses
- 35K-45K Yearly Base Salary
Seeking an Exciting Career in the Water Restoration Industry?
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume including job history, wage requirements, and professional references here or email your information to SERVPROmw@rproenterprises.com. SERVPRO of Marietta West is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a Drug Free Workplace.
*If you are interested in a career in the restoration industry and have experience with sales and marketing check out our available Sales & Marketing Role.
Why More Auto-Owners Insurance Customers & Agents Choose SERVPRO of Marietta West
SERVPRO of Marietta West is a preferred service provider for Auto-Owners insurance restoration claims. Call us for 24/7 emergency restoration service!
SERVPRO of Marietta West is the premier water, fire and mold restoration company in the greater Kennesaw and Marietta area. We’ve provided industry leading service for over 17 years, and have developed a great working relationship with all of our local insurance agents. SERVPRO and Auto-Owners Insurance have developed a particularly close working relationship over the years through SERVPRO’s network of over 1,800 franchises, cleaning and restoring thousands of Auto-Owners policy holder’s properties.
Auto-Owners Insurance, their customers and SERVPRO have a symbiotic relationship. When an Auto-Owners Insurance customer experiences a water, fire, or mold loss and chooses SERVPRO of Marietta West to restore their property, they can rest easy knowing they have the industry leading mitigation and restoration company cleaning and restoring their property. Auto-Owners Insurance knows that they are being treated fairly and that their customer is in good hands, because of Auto-Owners and SERVPRO’s pre-negotiated pricing through Xactimate and standards of service set by the IICRC. SERVPRO benefits by having a reliable source of water, fire, and/or mold restoration customers.
Auto-Owners Agent’s Benefits of Referring SERVPRO of Marietta West
Customer Services: SERVPRO of Marietta West professionals will handle each job according to the highest professional standard, interacting with customers in a professional manner to provide excellent customer service. The science of restoration can be a complicated issue, but SERVPRO of Marietta West professionals have the equipment, technology, training, and customer diplomacy for any size disaster.
Customer Retention: Satisfied customers translate to a higher rate of policy retention and renewals. We thoroughly document and communicate each step of the restoration process, because an informed customer is often a happy customer. SERVPRO of Marietta West also produces the correct claim documentation for fast claim processing.
Additional Product Sales: Satisfied customers who are pleased with the claim handling process are more likely to provide new referrals and to be more receptive to allowing you to offer additional insurance and financial products. If a large-scale disaster or storm strikes, the SERVPRO System has the resources to get to customers quickly. When their needs are met quickly, your relationship has added value.
Limited Warranty - Two Years Labor / One Year Materials: Customers enjoy knowing we will meet expectations, or we will provide re-service at no additional cost for up to two years. We warrant for two years the workmanship of the emergency mitigation service or restoration work performed. We warrant for one year that all materials, furnished by us, are of good quality and free from defects.
SERVPRO 1-4-8 Emergency Service Guarantee
- ONE - Within one hour from notice of loss SERVPRO of Marietta West will contact the insured to arrange for service.
- FOUR - Within four hours of loss notification, SERVPRO of Marietta West will be on-site to start mitigation services (if necessary). In most cases we are on-site within two hours of notification of loss because we know a quick action is often key to a water and fire claims.
- EIGHT - Within eight business hours a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the adjuster by SERVPRO of Marietta West.
*Agents can SERVPRO of Marietta West, without making an additional phone call at first notification of loss to Auto-Owners.
Check-Out SERVPRO of Marietta West Great Customer Reviews
Shantell of Marietta, GA - “I called SERVPRO of Marietta West due to rain water coming into my basement. Carl came out quickly and assessed the damage. He provided a quote and was able to take up the wet items in a timely manner. He was very helpful and professional. Everyone I spoke with was great throughout the process.”
Matt of Hiram, GA - “SERVPRO of Marietta West is the best! Wouldn't trust anyone else as my clean up crew! Thanks for the great customer service and great work!”
Karen of Marietta, GA - “Thanks to Bryan Davis and Carl Sylvester for all the hard work they did to get the clean up process started following my hot water disaster. They arrived shortly after I contacted them, they were very friendly and professional explaining all they would be doing. They did an excellent job, Sean Walsh came on day two and accessed how well things were responding to all the measures they had taken and explained his concerns as professional and friendly. Would definitely recommend SERVPRO of Marietta West and their excellent staff to help when water situations happen. Thanks again!”
Other Awesome SERVPRO of Marietta West Customer Reviews
SERVPRO of Marietta West Helps Restore Homes & Businesses in Texas
SERVPRO of Marietta West is here to help 24/7. No matter what type of water damage you face, SERVPRO can make it "Like it never even happened."
As you probably know, Texas and several other southern states recently experienced a historic winter storm with below freezing temperatures that caused untold amounts of damage to homes and businesses. Pipes froze after several days of freezing temperatures that were accompanied by severe ice and snow storms. Home and business owners lost both power and water services for up to a week, and without power to heat their homes and businesses, many structures suffered major damage due to pipes bursting. As the winter storm subsided and temperatures began to rise. Power was restored to homes and business, but the damage was done. Cracked and burst pipes began to thaw causing buildings to flood.
SERVPRO of Marietta West saw Texans suffering from this storm event and knew we had the skills and training to help them dry and restore their property. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Marietta West has serviced the Marietta & Kennesaw area for over seventeen years and is known for our great customer service, but typically does not “storm chase” or travel outside of North Georgia to service customers. When ownership saw reports of the amount of property damage Texas had suffered, they called an emergency meeting. This meeting consisted of our Operations Manager, Production Managers, and key SERVPRO Team members. Their goal was to develop a plan to send as much help as we could to Texas.
We were able to send three project managers, seven lead restoration technicians, and five mitigation specialists. The team drove seven service vehicles equipped with water extraction tools and an equipment trailer containing over 250 air mover and 50 dehumidifiers. Our team of storm restoration specialists worked hand in hand with SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team (DRT) to service over forty homes in just ten days. The SERVPRO’s DRT is an industry leader when it comes to recovery efforts after storm events and large losses. With over 1,700 franchises nationwide no matter where or what kind of major weather event happens, SERVPRO has restoration professionals ready to help nearby.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 770-428-5467
When you find standing water in your home...flood water levels rise, water heater bursts, toilet overflows, pipes burst, or raw sewage causes sewage damage; A quick response by our IICRC Certified technicians can halt the damages in the early stages when it is easier and more cost effective to restore, rather than requiring invasive actions like demolition, repair, and remodeling. If you have questions or would like additional information please give us a call today, or click here and one of our job file coordinators will reach out to you ASAP. We are available 24-hours 7-days a week. For more commonly asked questions on storm and water damage cleanup, you can visit our friends over at nationaldisasterrecover.org.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Storm Restoration Customer Testimonials
Dennis S. of McKinney, TX - “I couldn't be more grateful for all the hard work that Stanley and his crew have done. SERVPRO of Marietta West's technicians are knowledgeable and professional. I am over the moon happy with your services!”
Susan B. of Smyrna, GA - “This is the most efficient company I've ever used! I called and they were on site within the hour. The results were flawless. Then a short time later my 89 year old mother had a tree fall on her house during a storm, of course I made the call and again from drying out the house, tearing out sheetrock and repairs were so easy. My mother's house was clean and finished on time. I recommend this company and have sent friends to them and they had the same results as our family! Thank You to the staff of SERVPRO in Marietta West.”
Lesli of Mableton, GA - “Sean, Jose, and Tiffany were a pleasure to work with and handled every concern and multiple questions I had in a timely and professional manner. They were quick to respond to our needs. Thank you!”
Alan of Marietta, GA - “Perfect...Professional and courteous on the job. I enjoyed working with Derek and Rachel.”
*For more related Storm Restoration Blogs check out the following links: “Why More Homeowners Choose SERVPRO of Marietta West to Restore Their Storm Damage Homes”; “Marietta Homeowner Calls SERVPRO of Marietta West After Home Flood”; “SERVPRO of Marietta West Restores Homes and Businesses After Storm Damage”; “Flash Flood Home Repair and Restoration in Smyrna GA”
SERVPRO of Marietta West: Claims Documentation is Key
SERVPRO of Marietta West is open 24/7 for emergency services like water extraction, storm damage restoration, fire restoration, and boardup services.
When SERVPRO of Marietta West is called out to an emergency water claim, we not only provide emergency services like water extraction, emergency mitigation and restoration; but we also gather valuable information to assist in the insurance claims process. We have worked with local Marietta agents like State Farm, Farmers, Allstate, American Family Insurance and many other independently owned insurance providers for over 17-years. We are preferred vendors for most insurance providers and can assist our customers in the claims process. This helps ensure that our customers walk away from their water claim feeling valued, respected, and most importantly “Like it never even happened.”
One way SERVPRO of Marietta West separates itself from the competition is by providing premium services at competitive pricing. Part of our premium service is our attention to detail. In order to insure each and every customer receives SERVPRO’s industry leading customer service, SERVPRO of Marietta West has implemented a cutting edge documentation system. From our proprietary restoration project management software called DryBook to our new Matterport room scanning equipment, SERVPRO of Marietta West’s documentation process helps all parties involved stay on the same page and up-to-date on the claims progress.
The Matterport system consists of three main parts, the Matterport PRO2 Camera, the Matterport Capture App, and the Matterport 3D Showcase App. The Matterport system is SERVPRO of Marietta West’s latest addition to the documentation process. The camera system is made up of an array of nine different camera sensors that are used to create a 360° picture. The camera sits on a tripod where it rotates in 360° while taking 134 megapixel pictures of the surrounding room. Using Matterport’s proprietary image software, multiple images taken from different locations within the room can be digitally stitched together to create a 4K 3D tour of the room(s). Along with creating a 360° 3D tour of the property. The Matterport system can also create a sketch or floorplan of the property. Using infrared imaging while scanning a given room, the camera takes measurements in 360°. This allows us to import the Matterport file into Xactimate for a quick and easy claims process.
This camera system has been a great addition to SERVPRO of Marietta West’s documentation process, allowing our highly trained crews to better document our customer claims. Our Project Manager will use the camera system to scan the affected area documenting the damage. Having a detailed and comprehensive model of the affected area can be very helpful when questions of coverage and scope of work are raised by adjuster and insurance providers. Aside from helping document our customer restoration claims, the camera system also affords the insurance companies and adjusters that work with SERVPRO of Marietta West, the ability to view their customers' claims remotely. With today's need for social distancing, this system can reduce not only “face-to-face” interaction but can also speed up the approvals process. By being able to document our customers water, fire, or mold claims in 360°, it gives insurance providers the option of a “contactless inspection” while maintaining their ability to thoroughly inspect the claim. By limiting the number of people that have to visit the customer’s property we limit the amount of physical contact between customers, insurance providers, adjusters and SERVPRO personnel. Virtual tours can be shared with insurance providers and adjusters by simply emailing or texting them a link like this https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=fQWiUTJmLvZ.
As a part of a franchise system of 1,700 locally owned franchises, SERVPRO franchises utilized a proprietary piece of software called DryBook. DryBook is used from beginning to completion of a restoration project. When customers call SERVPRO of Marietta West, our Job File Coordinators use this system to document the customers contact and claim information. In the field our Restoration Technicians utilize a mobile version of the software on their iPads to document the damage, collecting pictures, create job notes, a sketch of the affected area, taking moisture readings of the property, and drying-logs (a drying log is a report that documents the drying progress during a restoration project to insure that the structure and building materials are dried in accordance with IICRC S500 Standards). Once the customer's restoration project is completed, DryBook is used to create a comprehensive report for both the homeowner and insurance provider. This report makes the claims process a breeze and helps prevent issues so that the claim runs smoothly for both the homeowner and the insurance provider.
Xactimate + Restoration Manager
Xactware specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. It’s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions. Xactware’s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence.
SERVPRO partnered with Xactware back in 2019, to integrate the Xactware’s Restoration Manager tool into our franchise systems. Xactware Restoration Manager has been adopted as the estimating or “industry pricing” tool by insurance providers and reputable restoration companies like SERVPRO of Marietta West. Using this estimating software means that SERVPRO’s estimates and pricing are accurate and formatted correctly, making the approvals process much quicker, easier and prevents discrepancies.
Got Water, Fire, or Mold Damage? Click Here or Call SERVPRO of Marietta West at (770) 428-5467
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of Marietta West is the name more Marietta and Kennesaw home and business owners trust. Our team of restoration and drying professionals have extensive knowledge and training to ensure we are the best at what we do. SERVPRO of Marietta West eats, sleeps and breaths restoration. We are locally owned and operated, but have the backing of a nationwide franchise system of over 1,700 franchises nationwide. Our Team lives and works in the Cobb County area, and understands the unique challenges water, fire and mold damage pose to your home. SERVPRO of Marietta West is here to help home and business owners navigate the restoration claims process.
SERVPRO of Marietta West is Looking for Sales & Marketing Representatives
Looking of an exciting and fast pace sales and marketing opportunity. Apply for SERVPRO's Sales & Marketing position today!
Now Hiring! Do you love educating and working with people? If you want to be a leader in a great company, then don’t miss your chance to join our SERVPRO of Marietta West as a new Sales/Marketing Representative! In this position, you will be making a difference each and every day. We have a sincere drive toward the goal of helping make water, fire & mold damage “Like it never even happened.” We are looking for a candidate that is comfortable meeting new people, who has excellent communication skills, has follow-through, and who is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you will thrive in this work environment. Our idea of the ideal candidate is one who is proactive, is experienced, truly enjoys providing superior service, and loves taking ownership of a project. Are you highly dependable and excited about routinely exceeding expectations? Then, you may be our perfect SERVPRO Teammate! As a valued SERVPRO of Marietta West employee, you will receive a competitive pay rate, with lots of opportunity to learn and grow.
Did you know here at our SERVPRO locations that 72% of our employees have been here a year or longer? It is our ultimate goal to make this a great place to work and the better we are at helping our team achieve their goals the more successful we become! That being said we are hiring for a dynamic Marketing Representative, to help Matt and Marianne take it to the next level! If you are looking for some motivated teammates, don't be shy and go ahead and click here to apply!
- Meet or exceed assigned sales quota by executing the sales cycle, setting up closing appointments, maintaining assigned contact lists, participating in professional associations, hosting lunch-and-learns, and promoting continuing education (CE) courses
- Support online marketing departments through customer review procurement, contribute content on social media platforms, and assist in creation of blog materials related to the restoration industry.
- Complete Emergency Ready Profiles (ERPs) and discuss benefits of emergency event preparation
- Conduct objective-to-objective daily marketing contacts, build customer relationships and rapport by educating them on the reasons SERVPRO® is the best cleaning and restoration company in the world, compile and maintain center of influence information., identify “Target 25” (Top 25 contacts to develop into clients)
- Provide owners and marketing managers with one-on-one meetings (closing appointments) with COIs to encourage SERVPRO® referrals
- Increase sales territory revenue by consistently achieving sales territory goals
- A minimum two years of progressive and responsible business-to-business sales experience
- Experience with sales and marketing within the service territory
- Superb sales, customer service, administrative, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong business and financial background and process-and-results-driven attitude
- Experience in the commercial cleaning and restoration or insurance industry is desired
- Working knowledge of current business software technologies is required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business or equivalent experience
- Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
Competitive base plus commission and increases based on merit.
SERVPRO of Marietta West's Biohazard, Vandalism & Crime Scene Cleanup Services
SERVPRO of Marietta West is here 24/7 to help in your time of need.
A few decades ago, crime scene cleanup businesses were nearly non-existent. The business of cleaning up crime scenes, bodily fluids and even accidental deaths require much more than rubber gloves and a few cleaning products. SERVPRO of Marietta West helps people going through the worst time of their lives nearly every single day of the week, whether it is water damage mitigation, fire damage restoration, proactive coronavirus cleanings, or crime scene and biohazard cleanup. Helping people in distress and grieving families accounts for a very large part of our job. Our restoration and cleaning professionals are trained in both the practical side and the emotional side of restoring your property to preloss condition.
Recognized as a leading fire and water cleanup and restoration provider by hundreds of insurance companies, SERVPRO of Marietta West offers fast and reliable biohazard, vandalism, and crime scene cleanup and remediation services to residential and commercial property owners. Our team holds multiple certifications from the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) like: ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technicians, WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technicians, RRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation, IICRC Certified Firm, and ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program. If you have suffered water, fire, mold or biohazard related loss, call SERVPRO of Marietta West today, or click here and one of our team members will reach out to you. We offer round the clock service and can be at your door within a couple hours of your call in most cases. When disaster strikes SERVPRO of Marietta West is here to help.
Biohazard Remediation & Cleanup
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers, and owners. Failure to properly handle and safely remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments. SERVPRO of Marietta West is trained to safely and effectively remove hazardous biological substances and prepare waste for property disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. SERVPRO of Marietta West helps turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and businesses. SERVPRO of Marietta West can help with:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene Residues
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation & Remediation
SERVPRO of Marietta West’s team removes and disposes of bodily fluids, tissue, and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime, or death. Trained SERVPRO of Marietta West professionals thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs, such as methamphetamine, are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO of Marietta West professionals follow applicable federal and state guidelines to clean all surfaces.
Arson & Vandalism
SERVPRO of Marietta West’s team of restoration specialists are recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly and safely from fire and water damage. We also provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including:
- Spoiled Foods
- Human & Animal Waste
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits-these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO of Marietta West’s team of restoration professionals can remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, disinfecting as they clean. We help ensure the structure is cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West today! - (770) 428-5467
- 24/7/365 Emergency Services
- Over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises serving North America since 1967
- Restore vs. Replace
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Commercial & Residential
Sheila K. of Kennesaw, GA - “Great service! Quick response time! Professional office staff! Employees were extremely help during a difficult time. Great service!”
Matt of Hiram, GA - “SERVPRO of Marietta West is the best! Wouldn’t trust anyone else as my clean up crew! Thanks for the great customer service and great work!”
Karen of Marietta, GA - “Thanks to Bryan Davis and Carl Sylvester for all the hard work they did to get the clean up process started following my hot water disaster. They arrived shortly after I contacted them, they were very friendly and professional explaining all they would be doing. They did an excellent job, Sean Walsh came on day two and assessed how well things were responding to all the measures they had taken and explained his concerns; Also professional and friendly. Would definitely recommend SERVPRO and their excellent staff to help when water situations happen. Thanks again!”
Additional Positive Online Customer Reviews
*If you have enjoyed this blog and want additional information or would like to read some of our previous Restoration Blog post check out the following links: “SERVPRO of Marietta West is Here to Help During This Time of Need”; “Why Hire a Professional Water Restoration Company?"; “What Kennesaw Customers Can Expect When They Call SERVPRO of Marietta West”; “How Farmers Insurance Agents Benefit by Referring SERVPRO of Marietta West”; “Why SERVPRO of Marietta West”
Christmas Fire Safety Tips for Your Marietta Home
SERVPRO of Marietta West wishes you and your family a very merry and safe Christmas and holiday season!
The Christmas season just would not be the same without shimmery, sparkly lights illuminating homes making everything shiny and bright. When it comes to fire prevention and protection safety is not something we can take for granted. US fire departments responded to an average 770 home structure fires per year that began with Christmas decorations. A live Christmas tree burn conducted by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) shows just how quickly a dried Christmas tree burns with flashover occurring in less than one minute as compared to a well-watered tree, which burns at a much slower rate.
Keep your holiday merry and bright by making fire safety a priority during this holiday season. When planning and implementing your lighting design keep these holiday safety tips in mind to help you reduce the risk of property damage, injury or even death.
Fire Safety Tips for the Christmas Season
- Before plugging in a set of lights examine the cord for damage. Throw away any worn out or damaged sets of lights.
- Never overload a circuit. Too many decorations and lights can overload electrical outlets and can cause a fire.
- Turn off lights and decorations before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Keep your tree hydrated. Once a tree is dry, it can catch fire easily. Dried out trees should be discarded.
- Inspect and dispose of any damage decorations.
- Decorations are temporary, remove them after the holidays.
- Avoid using candles when possible. Consider using battery-operated candles in place of traditional candles.
When an unavoidable circumstance like fire damage happens SERVPRO of Marietta West can provide a timely response. We pride ourselves in making fire damage “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of Marietta West restoration professionals offer mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, soot removal, content cleaning and restoration. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you regain control quickly. With the industry approved training to employ rapid response, the utmost professionalism, cutting edge-technology and open communication, we strive to restore not only the home but the consumers peace of mind as well.
Mrs. Kirkland of Douglasville, GA - “Alvin did a great job! I would recommend SERVPRO of Marietta West to anyone who needs water damage restoration.”
James U. of Marietta, GA - “I want to thank SERVPRO of Marietta West for coming out to my home so quickly. Dustin was kind and courteous. He listened to the issue and know what to do. Dustin gave me expert advice as to how he would treat the situation. Really great service as I would use SERVPRO Marietta West again and refer my neighbors as well!”
Joshua of Powder Springs, GA - “Very professional, the group of guys that came to my home made me feel as comfortable as possible during a terrible situation. Handled the flood in my home like the pro’s that they are!”
More Customer Online Reviews and Endorsements
*Check out some of our previous related Fire Restoration Blogs: “Fire Extinguisher Cleanup in Marietta, GA”; “Overview of SERVPRO of Marietta West's Fire Restoration Services”; “Removing Smoke and Nicotine Odors from your Cobb County Home”; “SERVPRO's Fire, Soot, and Smoke Cleaning Process For Your Marietta Home”; “How to Handle a Fire Loss in Kennesaw GA”
SERVPRO of Marietta West's Cutting-Edge Drying & Restoration Equipment
SERVPRO of Marietta West is open 24/7. Give us a call today and let us make your water damage claim "Like it never even happened."
Ask any skilled tradesman or tradeswoman if having the right equipment for the job is important and you will get the same answer. Yes, it’s very important to have the proper equipment to fulfill any skilled trade project. The water restoration trade is no different. Having the proper equipment will help ensure that your projects are completed efficiently, safely, and in a cost and time effective manner. SERVPRO of Marietta West has outfitted every technician and restoration specialist with cutting edge drying equipment and has trained them on the use and operation of said equipment.
Properly training your personnel on use and operation of specialized equipment goes hand-in-hand with having the proper equipment. That's why all SERVPRO technicians initially undergo a 15-day hands-on course which is the foundation of the SERVPRO training program. They also receive ongoing training and certification from the IICRC.
*The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
Air Moving Equipment:
- Traditional Centrifugal Air Movers - Traditional centrifugal air movers or “snail fans” as they are commonly referred to, have been used to perform restorative drying for many years and are commonly used on both commercial and residential restoration projects. These air movers provide excellent airflow and high static pressure with low amp draw, making it possible to power several of these air movers on a single 15-amp household circuit. Traditional air movers tend to be on the bulky side, standing about a foot and a half tall by a foot and a half wide, but provide ample drying power to evaporate moisture from building materials and contents.
- Low Profile Air Movers - Low profile air movers are often referred to as “fans”, but they are so much more than your typical house fan. These air movers deliver high velocity airflow over a large area, maximizing airflow and accelerating evaporation of moisture from building materials for restorative drying. These pieces of equipment utilize an impeller fan to produce a wide, focused airflow path for fast, consistent drying across water damage surfaces and materials. This type of air movers is typically square shaped and stands less than a half foot tall. This makes them easy to stack on top of one another for transport and quick deployment on the job site. Oftentimes technicians will strategically place several of these units together in a room or water damaged space to create centrifugal air movement to facilitate the drying process and evaporate moisture quickly and safely.
- Axial Air Movers - Axial air movers are specially designed to help accelerate the drying of a buildings structure and contents. These types of air movers are highly directional and are extremely effective in many drying applications and scenarios, making them ideal in commercial or residential settings to accelerate the drying of carpets, walls, and hard floor surfaces. When placed on flooring upright at a 12° angle these air movers maximize laminar airflow along the floor in front of the unit. They can also be placed face down to direct airflow down at the floor for focused spot drying. The versatility of these units make them very effective and efficient pieces of drying equipment.
- Low Gain Refrigerant Dehumidifiers - Low grain refrigerant dehumidifiers are often referred to as LRG dehumidifiers and vary greatly in size, shape, and drying capabilities. Some LGR dehumidifiers are designed to fit into tight spaces like crawlspaces that may have limited height clearances, while others are optimized to dehumidify large rooms or drying chambers. These types of dehumidifiers precool incoming air by passing it over cold evaporator coils which separates most of the moisture from the air. The resulting “dry” air is then exhausted from the machine capable of absorbing more moisture from surrounding water damage materials. These types of dehumidifiers can quickly and easily be set up to dry a given space simply by placing them in the room, plugging them into a standard wall outlet, and running the onboard water condensation discharge hose to a suitable drain point (tub, sink, or sewer line). LGR dehumidifiers can be used in many drying scenarios and are primarily utilized on residential water restoration projects, but can also be strategically used in commercial drying and restoration projects.
- Desiccant Equipment - Desiccant dehumidifiers are used to remove moisture from water saturated air during many commercial drying applications because they are capable of moving and drying large volumes of air. They come in all sizes that vary from that of a mini-refrigerator to the size of a tractor-trailer. Desiccant dehumidifiers dry air by passing the water saturated air through a silica drying chamber or filter, where the moisture in the air is absorbed by the silica and the newly dry air is discharged through duct work into areas where restoration drying is taking place. Desiccate dehumidifiers are favored in commercial application due to their scalability and high capacity for drying.
Water Extraction Equipment:
- Portable & Truck Mounted Extractors: Both portable and truck mounted extractors are powerful pieces of equipment that utilize vacuum suction to extract both standing water and water from saturated materials like carpeting or other porous materials.
- Portable Extractors - Portable extractors are typically a little smaller but taller than a shopping cart that you would use at a department store or grocery store. These pieces of equipment are portable because they are on wheels and are able to be easily maneuvered for quick deployment and can reach remote or hard to reach areas. They can be very useful in removing water from residential claims and commercial restoration projects.
- Truck Mounted Extractors - Truck mounted extractors are large, high powered vacuum systems that are built into our service vehicles. They utilized a system of 3 inch hoses to suck up standing water and extract water from saturated carpets and other porous materials. Because of their high flow rate and powerful suction these units are ideal for large commercial jobs but can also be utilized on residential restoration projects.
- High-Flow Trash Pumps - High flow trash pumps come in handy on storm or flood related claims because of their ability to extract water with leaves, dirt and other types of debris that could clog and foul other extraction methods. This type of water extraction equipment is typically used when more than a few inches of water need to be removed because of their high flow rate. High flow trash pumps often find usage in crawl spaces and basements that have been flooded with a significant amount of water and are used on both commercial and residential restoration projects.
- Submersible Pumps - Submersible pumps are sometimes more commonly referred to as sump pumps. These types of pumps can move a fair amount of water but in most cases not near as quickly as the aforementioned high-flow trash pumps. Most of these types of pumps are left on site to continually remove water from an area that routinely floods and have a float feature that will turn the pump on and off as needed to extract water. These pumps are great for crawl spaces and basements that have a tendency to re-flood because of their automatic on-off float feature. They can be used on both residential and commercial restoration projects depending on the circumstances.
- Floor Drying Systems - Floor drying systems are highly specialized pieces of restoration equipment that utilize a series of floor mats and hoses with a vacuum system to extract trapped moisture from hardwood floors quickly and safely. They are great for saving hardwood floors after water damage, and can sometimes prevent or correct warped or bowed hardwood floors in both commercial and residential restoration projects.
- Cavity Drying Equipment - Cavity drying equipment is used when water is trapped in wall or floor cavities. Holes are drilled in the affected area and hoses are inserted that will circulate warm dry air throughout the cavity so that drying can take place with minimal damage to the building material. These units are typically used in tandem with other air movers and dehumidifiers as part of cohesive drying plan and are commonly used on both commercial and residential restoration projects.
24/7 Emergency Restoration & Mitigation Services
SERVPRO of Marietta West is available 24-hours a day, each and every day, even during major holidays. Give us a call at (770) 428-5467 or visit www.SERVPROmariettawest.com for more information. If you would like one of our loss coordinators to contact you you can click here and one of our trained professionals will reach out to you as soon as possible. Our highly trained water, fire and mold restoration technicians are IICRC certified and maintain their mitigation and restoration skills with continued education classes. We are proud to have served the Marietta and Kennesaw area for over 15 years and are here to help our Cobb County community when disaster strikes.
How Farmers Insurance Agents Benefit by Referring SERVPRO of Marietta West
Let SERVPRO of Marietta West help you with your Farmers Insurance water or fire damage claim. We can make any disaster "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Marietta West is a preferred service provider for most major insurance providers and has a great working relationship with our local agents. Take Farmers Insurance for example. SERVPRO’s corporate office recognized that Farmers Insurance is one of the leading insurance providers in the country. They also recognized that almost every franchise nationwide had performed numerous restoration projects for customers insured by Farmers. From water mitigation claims to fire restoration claims and even mold remediation claims, SERVPRO franchises were handling a large number of these projects for customers that had insured their property with Farmers. So SERVPRO’s corporate office and Farmers’ corporate office got together to set some expectations and standards, which ensure that every Farmers’ customer receives the same industry leading services when they call a locally owned SERVPRO franchise to perform restoration services. This benefits all parties involved; Farmers’ agents, Farmers Insurance customers, and locally owned SERVPRO franchises like SERVPRO of Marietta West. Farmers Agents have a reliable restoration company they can confidently refer to their clients when water damage happens to the properties they insure; Farmers Insurance clients can rest easy knowing that a reputable and thorough restoration company like SERVPRO is on the job and can make any type of disaster “Like it never even happened.” And SERVPRO franchises benefit from having a reliable source of restoration projects. Establishing this partnership was a WIN-WIN-WIN!
Advantages for Farmers Insurance Agents
- Benefit: SERVPRO of Marietta West will handle each job according to the highest professional standards, interacting with customers in a professional manner providing excellent customer services.
- What We Do: The science of restoration can be a complicated issue, but SERVPRO of Marietta West has the equipment, technology, training, and customer diplomacy for any size disaster.
- Benefit: Satisfied customers translate to a higher rate of policy retention and renewals.
- What We Do: We thoroughly document and communicate each step of the restoration process, because an informed customer is often a happy one. SERVPRO of Marietta West also produces the correct claim documentation for fast claim processing.
Additional Product Sales
- Benefit: Satisfied customers who are pleased with the claim handling process are more likely to provide new referrals and to be more receptive to additional insurance products and options.
- What We Do: If a large-scale disaster or storm strikes, the SERVPRO of Marietta West has the resources to get to customers quickly. When their needs are met quickly, your relationship has added value.
Limited Warranty - Two Years Labor / One Year Materials
- Benefit: Customers enjoy knowing we will meet expectations, or we will provide re-service at no additional cost for up to two years.
- What We Do: We warranty for two years the workmanship of the emergency mitigation service or restoration work performed. We warranty for one year that all materials furnished by us will be new, of good quality and free from defects.
If your property suffers water, mold, or fire damage and you’ve chosen to insure your property with Farmers Insurance, you’ve already made one smart decision insuring your property with one of the leaving home insurance providers in the nation. Make sure that your next decision is equally as smart by choosing one of the restoration industries leading companies like SERVPRO of Marietta West.
24/7 Emergency Restoration & Mitigation Services
SERVPRO of Marietta West is available 24-hours a day, each and every day, even during major holidays. Give us a call at (770) 428-5467 or visit www.SERVPROmariettawest.com for more information. Our highly trained water, fire and mold restoration technicians are IICRC certified and maintain their mitigation and restoration skills with continued education classes. We are proud to have served the Marietta and Kennesaw area for over 15 years and are here to help our Cobb County community when disaster strikes.
SERVPRO of Marietta West 2020 Thanksgiving Restoration Newsline Contest
Read this blog and head on over to SERVPRO of Marietta West's Facebook page for a chance to win a FREE Honey Baked Ham!
SERVPRO of Marietta West would like to announce our 2020 Thanksgiving Restoration Newsline Contest! This contest was created to help educate the Marietta and Kennesaw communities on the perils of home fires, and what you can do to help prevent both residential and commercial structure fires. One lucky participant will win a FREE Honey Baked Ham courtesy of SERVPRO of Marietta West.
- Comment on the SERVPRO of Marietta West 2020 Thanksgiving Restoration Newline Contest post with the answers to following questions (this post will be pinned to the top of our page for your convenience or click here for a direct link).
- What is the leading cause of residential fires?
- On average, how many structural home fires occur every year?
- Who can restore your home or business to preloss condition once the fire has been extinguished and smoke has cleared?
- Tune in for our Facebook Live drawing to see if you’ve won!
2020 Thanksgiving Restoration Newsline
Did you know cooking equipment is the leading cause of residential fires? As the holiday season begins and you find yourself in the kitchen more often while friends and family, fire precautions should be top of mind.
A property owner experiences a flood of emotions when a fire ravages their business or home. Fear, uncertainty, stress, and doubt about the future of the property and their livelihood can be overwhelming to the property owner long after the flames have been extinguished and the smoke has cleared. After the first wave of heroes have rescued the property, Let SERVPRO of Marietta West help you restore it to its preloss condition. Combining rapid response, the utmost professionalism, and open communication throughout the entire job process, we strive to restore not only the home or business structure, but the customer’s peace of mind as well.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers the following eye-opening statistics on structure fires:
- Most home fires and fire casualties result from five causes:
- Electrical distribution & lighting equipment
- Intentional fire setting
- Smoking materials
- More than one-quarter (27%) of reported fires occur in homes within the last year.
- Even worse, 79% of fire-related deaths were caused by home fires.
- On average, U.S. Fire departments respond to an estimated average of 354,400 home structure fires per year, resulting in $6.9 billion in direct property damage.
If the unthinkable happens and a fire strikes your home or business, give the experts at SERVPRO of Marietta West a call at (770) 428-5467 or visit SERVPROmariettawest.com for more information. We will help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Using a Portable Fire Extinguisher
A portable fire extinguisher can be a life and property saving tool when used correctly. In order to operate a fire extinguisher, the NFPA suggests remembering the word PASS.
- Pull the pin. Hold the nozzle pointing away from you and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the fire extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
Read the instructions on the fire extinguisher and become familiar with them before a fire breaks out. Encourage your family members and co-workers to do the same. Remember, Extinguishers do have their limitations! It is also important to ensure you have the correct type of extinguisher for your home or facility. Refer to the next section of this blog to learn more about the different classes of fire extinguishers and the types of fire each are designed to extinguish.
Choosing the Appropriate Class of Fire Extinguisher
- Class A: This is the most common extinguisher and can be used to put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as cloth, wood, rubber, paper, and many plastics.
- Class B: Used on fires involving flammable liquids, such as grease, gasoline, and oil
- Class C: Designed for fires involving appliances, tools, or other equipment electronically energized or plugged in.
- Class D: For use on flammable metals; often specific for the type of metal in question. These are typically found in factories and commercial applications.
- Class K: Intended for use on fires that involve vegetable oils, animal oils, or fats in cooking appliances. Generally found in commercial kitchens.
*If you’ve enjoyed this blog feel free to check out some of SERVPRO of Marietta West’s Previous Restoration Blogs: ”Fire Extinguisher Cleanup in Marietta, GA”; “Overview of SERVPRO of Marietta West's Fire Restoration Services”; “Four Steps to Take Immediately After a Marietta or Kennesaw Home Fire”; “SERVPRO of Marietta West: What to Do Until Help Arrives - Fire Damage”; “Have a Safe Turkey Fry This Thanksgiving”