Three Easy Steps to Remember When Your Toilet Backs-up or Overflows
When thing seem out of control and you need a helping hand, give SERVPRO of Marietta West! We'll bring back order and your peace of mind!
When disaster strikes, sometimes it hard to know what the first step toward getting things back to normal is. The trained professionals at SERVPRO of Marietta West can make it “Like it never even happened”. If you or someone you know has recently experienced a water damage or a sewage backup, call SERVPRO of Marietta West. We’ve provided fast and reliable service to the Great Atlanta Area for over 30 years and are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days year, including all major holidays. No matter the time of night…No matter the size of the job…SERVPRO of Marietta West is ready for any disaster!
- Protect yourself from potentially harmful sewage – Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the structure once access to power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock. Do not enter areas that have sagging or falling ceilings. Technicians wear protective boots, gloves, Tyvek suits, and even respirators to protect themselves during a toilet backup. Not only does this prevent our techs from being harmed during the cleanup process, but it also helps prevent transferring contaminates to non-affected areas.
- Stop the source of water – In some toilet overflow cases this is simple as shutting off the water supply line to your commode. Most supply lines can be found at the base of your toilet and are very easily shut off by turning the knob connected to the water shut-off valve. The water can also be turned off at the water main. This method can be particularly helpful if you don’t know exactly where the water leak is coming from. This technique turns the water off to the entire structure and can be problematic because the residents will be unable to use any water fixture in the home or business until the water main is turned back on.Sometimes the toilet backup is result of clogged drain lines or pipes and can be cleared using a toilet plunger. In the event the blockage cannot be cleared with a household plunger, we strongly recommend you contact a trusted water restoration service provider like SERVPRO. Difficult obstructions may have to be cleared by trained professional using specialized equipment like a “drain snake”.
- CALL SERVPRO! – SERVPRO can be on site within an hour in most cases. Until help arrives you can help prevent further damage. Removing water as soon as safely possible by using traditional methods like blotting with towels or mop and bucket. Take special care around color sensitive textiles like clothing, carpets, rugs, furniture and upholstery. Move sensitive valuables such as artwork, electronics, and documents to a suitable dry place while taking care not to spread sewage to unaffected areas. Use anti-microbial cleaning agents during the cleanup process to help prevent future mold growth.
Don’t go it alone…Call in the professionals from SERVPRO of Marietta West. Our trained mitigation crews have the experience and know-how to fix any size disaster. Don’t take our word for it though, check out what our satisfied customers have to say!
Emergency Water Damage Tips
SERVPRO of Marietta West's emergency water restoration and drying services are available 24/7! We are your trusted local restoration company, and have provided the highest quality services available to both residential and commercial properties for over 13 years. No matter the size of the job, choosing SERVPRO of Marietta West is the first step in the right direction, towards recovery.
Here are some SERVPRO approved Do's and Don'ts when it comes to water damage:
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don't enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don't use your household vacuum cleaners to remove water, this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
If you or someone you know has recently experienced a water loss please don't hesitate to contact us here or give us a call (770) 428-5467. We have live operators answering our phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week including all major holidays.
SERVPRO of Marietta West is ready to make it "Like it never even happened."
Storm Insurance Related Questions
SERVPRO of Marietta West 24/7 Emergency Storm Cleanup
SERVPRO of Marietta West field hundreds of emergency water restoration calls every year from often frantic customers dealing with their first storm related insurance claim. This can be a very trying and stressful time for even the coolest headed individuals. SERVPRO has your back and can make it “Like it never even happened.” With over 1600 franchises nation wide we have the national backing to handle any size disaster.
Some of the most common questions customers ask us about their home, condo or business water damage:
- Is a water leak covered by home insurance?
- Is a leaking toilet covered by insurance?
- Is water damage from a leaking roof covered by insurance?
While we wish we could give a simple yes or no answer to these questions, there are way too many variables to issue such an overly simplified blanket answer. If you have questions about your coverage, we encourage you to contact your insurance agent. Familiarize yourself with your policy and don’t be afraid to ask your agent questions about coverage. Knowing what kind of coverage, you have will prevent you from being ill prepared when disasters happens.
SERVPRO of Marietta West prides itself on not only restoring our customers property, but also our customers peace of mind. Customers tend to have questions flying through their head causing all sorts of anxiety and stress. Having a company that you can turn to, to answer your questions and provide 24/7 service is essential.
Types of water damage that depending on coverage, may or may not be covered by your insurance policy:
- Sudden or Accidental Discharge - A window is broken allowing rain water to damage the interior of a structure.
- Sewer Backup or Water Backup - The sewer system is clogged causing sewage to flow backwards into a home or business.
- Overflow - A water shut off valve or drain fails causing water to flood a kitchen or bathroom.
- Flood - During inclement weather water levels rise such that water ingulfs street, home & business.
- Insurance Covered Storm Related Water Damage - This would be determined on a case by case basis and depend on the insured’s coverage
SERVPRO of Marietta West is a leader in the water restoration industry and is a preferred service provider for most major insurance providers. This means that SERVPRO has pre-negotiated pricing, rates and terms of service with your insurance provider on a national level. Providing both cost savings for insurance companies and their customers. It also means that you will receive the same high level of service from highly trained restoration professional no matter where you live!
Give SERVPRO of Marietta West a call today!(770) 428-5467
Listen To Flood Warnings
SERVPRO of Marietta West is here to make it "Like it never even happened"
Flooding is a temporary overflow of water onto an area that normally is dry. Injury or death can result from failing to evacuate flooded areas, going into flood waters, or staying in flooded areas after water passes. As far as natural disasters go, floods are the most common natural disaster.
- Floods result from rain, snow, storms, or even overflows of dams and other water systems.
- Flash floods can develop quickly or slowly and can come with no warning.
- Floods can damage buildings, create mudslides/landslides, and cause substantial disruption of transportation/resources
If you are under a flood warning, seek safe shelter immediately!
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown! (Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.)
- Stay off of bridges over fast-moving water.
Determine how best to protect yourself based on the type of flooding.
Evacuate if told to do so.
Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
Are you one of our many satisfied customers? Click Here to let us know how we did!
For more information about floods and similar articles check out our friend over at www.ready.gov
Why SERVPRO of Marietta West?
SERVPRO of Marietta West is here 24/7. Give us a call (770)428-5467!
The People, Experience, Training and Equipment to make it "Like it never even happened."
The People - With over 10,000 quality teammates nationwide, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Experience - SERVPRO is a Franchise System with over 40 years of leadership in fire and water cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, commercial property managers and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon.
The Training - Franchise Professionals undergo extensive fire restoration training an d certification SERVPRO Industries, Inc. offers an IICRC-approved school to help ensure our training meets and exceeds accepted industry standards.
The Equipment - With over 5,000,000 square feet of building space, housing over 140,000 pieces of cleaning and restoration equipment, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the resources to help you take back control of your life.
The SERVPRO SYSTEM saves money and lowers recovery cost!
Mitigation requires quick action. The faster SERVPRO of Marietta West arrives on-site to preform cleanup and restoration, the better the results - including lower claim costs.
- Emergency Mitigation Services help minimize additional property damages.
- Restoration versus replacement of contents saves heirlooms and money too.
- Restorable contents will be cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition when possible.
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West at (770) 428-5467 for all of your restoration and mitigation needs!!!
How to Handle a Fire Loss in Kennesaw GA
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West for commercial or residential water and fire restoration and cleanup (770)428-5467!
Whether it’s a fire in a home or commercial fire damage, the loss can be equally devastating. Home fires may be caused by many unexpected things such as an electrical fault or other anomalies in your home electrical connections. Gas leaks and other fuel energy appliances may also cause a fire in a home. Likewise, fire could start in business settings from an electrical fault, heating materials, or machines such as generators.
What happens after a devastating commercial or residential fire?
Here are the few things to keep in mind should you ever experience a fire in home or business.
Call the Fire Department!
This many seem like common sense, but it merits repeating. If your home or business is on fire immediately get to a safe place and call the appropriate authorities. In most cases this would be your local fire department. Here is a link to Cobb County’s Fire Department -www.cobbcounty.org/public-safety/fire- where you can more information of Kennesaw, Marietta, and Smyrna fire safety.
Do Not Rush Into the Building
Sometimes the fire may die down, and you think that the inferno is over, but it could flare back up without much notice. Whenever there is a fire in home or business, don't rush in side the premise. Hold back until the fire department or other fire professional indicates that is safe to renter the structure. It may be difficult to resist the urge to rush in to check on your valuables and important documents/credentials, but for safety purposes please only return to the building once it has been deemed safe to do so. Rushing into a building with smoke or even just poor air quality can suffocate you.
Secure Your Property & Contact Insurance Company
An important step on the way to recovery is securing your property (once it has been deemed safe to reenter the building by the fire department or other fire professionals). Some property may be salvageable and needs to be protected from further damage. Protecting the structure from the elements prevents most types of secondary damage and can reduce overall restoration costs. Securing the property also can prevent losses from looting and gives the property owner back a sense of control over his or her property.
This can also help you with the insurance company, as it will help with any forensic examination the adjustor or fire investigator may need to determine the cause of the fire and subsequent compensation. As soon as you have secured the site be sure to contact the fire department for a copy of the fire report.The fire report specifies all the necessary information about the fire including the time, casualties if any, date and the extent of fire damage.
Fire Cleanup Process After Fire Damage
You may want to contact a fire damage restoration company to help cleanup your home or business, especially in the event of excessive smoke damage or soot damage. Generally speaking, it is not advisable to assume you can handle the entire fire cleanup by yourself. Fire loss comes with severe smoke damage and excess soot damage. Restoring the air quality and cleaning the HVAC system for an entire building is an arduous task thus you may need a helping hand to do so. If the damage is quite small, you might be able to restore it by yourself by mixing trisodium phosphate and water to clean up some types of smoke damage. You can use a vacuum to further clean and to pull soot away from the surface by yourself. This may enhance the air quality in your building.
SERVPRO of Marietta West’s fire damage restoration experts can help you clean the soot damage quickly and with a whole lot less effort on your part. Smoke may corrode your walls and other non-damaged valuables since most smoke residue is acidic. Soot damage can also block your ventilation system resulting in poor air quality in your home or business.
It is important to start cleanup as soon as possible to regain normalcy and a sense of control. Cleaning up even a small portion of your home or apartment and even a commercial fire loss, can be very empowering and can boost your weary soul by giving you a great sense of accomplishment.
Visit www.SERVPROmariettawest.com for more information on fire damage or give us a call at - (770) 428-5467 -
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Marietta West is locally owned and operated, so we are part of this community too. When you have a smoke or fire damage emergency, we’re already nearby and ready to help. We take pride in being a part of the Marietta community and want to do our part in making it the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
Floods Can Happen Anywhere
Call the clean up team that is faster to any size disaster! - SERVPRO of Marietta West (770428-5467
According to the National Weather Service (NOAA), "Approximately seventy-five percent of all Presidential disaster declarations are associated with flooding." NOAA list the most common flood hazards in the United States as:
- Flash Flooding
- River Flooding
- Storm Surge and Coastal Inundation from Tropical and Non-Tropical Systems
- Burn Scars/Debris Flows (caused by wildfires)
- Ice/Debris Jams
- Snow melt
- Dry Wash (caused by heavy rainfall in dry areas)
- Dam Breaks/Levee Failure
Just because you haven't experienced a flood doesn't mean you won't in the future. In fact, 20% of all claims paid by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) were for policies in low-risk communities. On average, floods cost $3.5 billion in annual losses in the U.S., and commercial flood claims average more than $75,000 (NFIP).
When catastrophic water damage happens to you, SERVPRO of Marietta West can help. We can help you prepare ahead of time with an Emergency Ready Profile(ERP), or respond to any size disaster to begin cleanup and restoration to get you back in business as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of Marietta West professionals are ready to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Seven Ways To Be Better Prepared
SERVPRO of Marietta West wants you to be prepared!
If a disaster strikes, will you be ready?
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business and community. SERVPRO of Marietta West wants you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for Mother Nature’s worst.
It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to help you better prepare for an emergency:
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings, download apps, and/or check access for wireless emergency alerts.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans.
- Assemble update emergency supplies.
- Learn about local hazards and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training, or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
You can reach SERVPRO of Marietta West at (770) 428-5467
Valentine's Date Night Package Contest
How many candy hearts can you count?
Are you one of our local insurance agent?
Do you work at one of our local insurance office?
Could you use a night out with your special someone?
Then all you have to do is answer one more question correctly...How many hearts are in the jar?
The rules are pretty simple...Like SERVPRO of Marietta West's Facebook page and comment on the linked contest post with how many candy hearts you think are in the jar. Who ever guess the number or comes the closest will win SERVPRO of Marietta West's Valentine's Date Night Package.
We will announce the winner via Facebook, February 13th. SERVPRO of Marietta West would like to wish everyone the best of luck and a happy Valentines Day!
2019 Resolution | Plan Ahead
With each new year, many people resolve to better themselves or some part of their life. This year, make a resolution to be READY. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can prepare for it. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) will help ensure you are "Ready for whatever happens" in 2019.
In the event of an emergency, the ERP can help minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action in place for your facility. The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including emergency contacts, shut-off valve locations and priority areas. The ERP also establishes SERVPRO of Marietta West as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider, giving you access to over 50 years experience and a system more than 1,700 franchises strong. The ERP is a no-cost assessment; all it requires is a little time , making it a great value that could save you time and money in the future. By downloading the free SERVPRO READY App, this information is stored electronically and can be accessed using your mobile device putting help at your fingertips.
Preparation is the key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. Having a plan in place may help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive and get you back in wait until disaster strikes. Resolve to be READY. Call SERVPRO of Marietta West to establish your Emergency READY Profile, and be "Ready for whatever happens" in 2019.
Advantages of the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise profile document containing only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Marietta West as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West (770) 428-5467 for a Free Emergency READY Profile assessment!