Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Seven Ways To Be Better Prepared
SERVPRO of Marietta West wants you to be prepared!
If a disaster strikes, will you be ready?
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business and community. SERVPRO of Marietta West wants you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for Mother Nature’s worst.
It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to help you better prepare for an emergency:
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings, download apps, and/or check access for wireless emergency alerts.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans.
- Assemble update emergency supplies.
- Learn about local hazards and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training, or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
You can reach SERVPRO of Marietta West at (770) 428-5467
Valentine's Date Night Package Contest
How many candy hearts can you count?
Are you one of our local insurance agent?
Do you work at one of our local insurance office?
Could you use a night out with your special someone?
Then all you have to do is answer one more question correctly...How many hearts are in the jar?
The rules are pretty simple...Like SERVPRO of Marietta West's Facebook page and comment on the linked contest post with how many candy hearts you think are in the jar. Who ever guess the number or comes the closest will win SERVPRO of Marietta West's Valentine's Date Night Package.
We will announce the winner via Facebook, February 13th. SERVPRO of Marietta West would like to wish everyone the best of luck and a happy Valentines Day!
2019 Resolution | Plan Ahead
With each new year, many people resolve to better themselves or some part of their life. This year, make a resolution to be READY. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can prepare for it. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) will help ensure you are "Ready for whatever happens" in 2019.
In the event of an emergency, the ERP can help minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action in place for your facility. The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including emergency contacts, shut-off valve locations and priority areas. The ERP also establishes SERVPRO of Marietta West as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider, giving you access to over 50 years experience and a system more than 1,700 franchises strong. The ERP is a no-cost assessment; all it requires is a little time , making it a great value that could save you time and money in the future. By downloading the free SERVPRO READY App, this information is stored electronically and can be accessed using your mobile device putting help at your fingertips.
Preparation is the key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. Having a plan in place may help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive and get you back in wait until disaster strikes. Resolve to be READY. Call SERVPRO of Marietta West to establish your Emergency READY Profile, and be "Ready for whatever happens" in 2019.
Advantages of the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise profile document containing only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Marietta West as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West (770) 428-5467 for a Free Emergency READY Profile assessment!
Six Tip on Protecting Your Kennesaw, GA Home or Business From Winter Weather
"If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a tempertature no lower than 55°F," says redcross.org
Winter has just begun...Are you prepared for the coming cold Kennesaw, Georgia weather?
Cold weather can have a massive impact on your home or business when you are not ready for it. SERVPRO of Marietta West wants you and your property to be prepared for winter in North Georgia. From freezing temperatures with damaging winds, to heavy rain or frozen sleet and snow, all can cause serious and expensive property damage. While you cannot control the weather, you can make efforts to be prepared, which can help take the sting out of winter weather.
To help avoid costly damages due to winter weather conditions, consider taking the following precautions to protect your Kennesaw home or business before colder weather hits.
- Check your business or property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall. This could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected to help ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during the fall. Leaves and other obstructions can cause a damming effect if left to build up. This can lead to roof damage and/or allow water to get into the interior of the structure.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate a potential flood hazard.
- Inspect all hand rails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave cabinet doors open, allowing warm air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has out door faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawlspace. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
- Have SERVPRO of Marietta West complete an Emergency READY Profile (ERP) for your business. The ERP is a no-cost assessment of your facility and provides you with a plan to get back in business faster following a disaster.
When winter strikes, call SERVPRO of Marietta West to strike back!
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Marietta West is close by and ready to respond to storm and disaster events. We are proud to be an active member of the Marietta community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities: