Recent Water Damage Posts
SERVPRO of Marietta West's Cutting-Edge Drying & Restoration Equipment
SERVPRO of Marietta West is open 24/7. Give us a call today and let us make your water damage claim "Like it never even happened."
Ask any skilled tradesman or tradeswoman if having the right equipment for the job is important and you will get the same answer. Yes, it’s very important to have the proper equipment to fulfill any skilled trade project. The water restoration trade is no different. Having the proper equipment will help ensure that your projects are completed efficiently, safely, and in a cost and time effective manner. SERVPRO of Marietta West has outfitted every technician and restoration specialist with cutting edge drying equipment and has trained them on the use and operation of said equipment.
Properly training your personnel on use and operation of specialized equipment goes hand-in-hand with having the proper equipment. That's why all SERVPRO technicians initially undergo a 15-day hands-on course which is the foundation of the SERVPRO training program. They also receive ongoing training and certification from the IICRC.
*The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
Air Moving Equipment:
- Traditional Centrifugal Air Movers - Traditional centrifugal air movers or “snail fans” as they are commonly referred to, have been used to perform restorative drying for many years and are commonly used on both commercial and residential restoration projects. These air movers provide excellent airflow and high static pressure with low amp draw, making it possible to power several of these air movers on a single 15-amp household circuit. Traditional air movers tend to be on the bulky side, standing about a foot and a half tall by a foot and a half wide, but provide ample drying power to evaporate moisture from building materials and contents.
- Low Profile Air Movers - Low profile air movers are often referred to as “fans”, but they are so much more than your typical house fan. These air movers deliver high velocity airflow over a large area, maximizing airflow and accelerating evaporation of moisture from building materials for restorative drying. These pieces of equipment utilize an impeller fan to produce a wide, focused airflow path for fast, consistent drying across water damage surfaces and materials. This type of air movers is typically square shaped and stands less than a half foot tall. This makes them easy to stack on top of one another for transport and quick deployment on the job site. Oftentimes technicians will strategically place several of these units together in a room or water damaged space to create centrifugal air movement to facilitate the drying process and evaporate moisture quickly and safely.
- Axial Air Movers - Axial air movers are specially designed to help accelerate the drying of a buildings structure and contents. These types of air movers are highly directional and are extremely effective in many drying applications and scenarios, making them ideal in commercial or residential settings to accelerate the drying of carpets, walls, and hard floor surfaces. When placed on flooring upright at a 12° angle these air movers maximize laminar airflow along the floor in front of the unit. They can also be placed face down to direct airflow down at the floor for focused spot drying. The versatility of these units make them very effective and efficient pieces of drying equipment.
- Low Gain Refrigerant Dehumidifiers - Low grain refrigerant dehumidifiers are often referred to as LRG dehumidifiers and vary greatly in size, shape, and drying capabilities. Some LGR dehumidifiers are designed to fit into tight spaces like crawlspaces that may have limited height clearances, while others are optimized to dehumidify large rooms or drying chambers. These types of dehumidifiers precool incoming air by passing it over cold evaporator coils which separates most of the moisture from the air. The resulting “dry” air is then exhausted from the machine capable of absorbing more moisture from surrounding water damage materials. These types of dehumidifiers can quickly and easily be set up to dry a given space simply by placing them in the room, plugging them into a standard wall outlet, and running the onboard water condensation discharge hose to a suitable drain point (tub, sink, or sewer line). LGR dehumidifiers can be used in many drying scenarios and are primarily utilized on residential water restoration projects, but can also be strategically used in commercial drying and restoration projects.
- Desiccant Equipment - Desiccant dehumidifiers are used to remove moisture from water saturated air during many commercial drying applications because they are capable of moving and drying large volumes of air. They come in all sizes that vary from that of a mini-refrigerator to the size of a tractor-trailer. Desiccant dehumidifiers dry air by passing the water saturated air through a silica drying chamber or filter, where the moisture in the air is absorbed by the silica and the newly dry air is discharged through duct work into areas where restoration drying is taking place. Desiccate dehumidifiers are favored in commercial application due to their scalability and high capacity for drying.
Water Extraction Equipment:
- Portable & Truck Mounted Extractors: Both portable and truck mounted extractors are powerful pieces of equipment that utilize vacuum suction to extract both standing water and water from saturated materials like carpeting or other porous materials.
- Portable Extractors - Portable extractors are typically a little smaller but taller than a shopping cart that you would use at a department store or grocery store. These pieces of equipment are portable because they are on wheels and are able to be easily maneuvered for quick deployment and can reach remote or hard to reach areas. They can be very useful in removing water from residential claims and commercial restoration projects.
- Truck Mounted Extractors - Truck mounted extractors are large, high powered vacuum systems that are built into our service vehicles. They utilized a system of 3 inch hoses to suck up standing water and extract water from saturated carpets and other porous materials. Because of their high flow rate and powerful suction these units are ideal for large commercial jobs but can also be utilized on residential restoration projects.
- High-Flow Trash Pumps - High flow trash pumps come in handy on storm or flood related claims because of their ability to extract water with leaves, dirt and other types of debris that could clog and foul other extraction methods. This type of water extraction equipment is typically used when more than a few inches of water need to be removed because of their high flow rate. High flow trash pumps often find usage in crawl spaces and basements that have been flooded with a significant amount of water and are used on both commercial and residential restoration projects.
- Submersible Pumps - Submersible pumps are sometimes more commonly referred to as sump pumps. These types of pumps can move a fair amount of water but in most cases not near as quickly as the aforementioned high-flow trash pumps. Most of these types of pumps are left on site to continually remove water from an area that routinely floods and have a float feature that will turn the pump on and off as needed to extract water. These pumps are great for crawl spaces and basements that have a tendency to re-flood because of their automatic on-off float feature. They can be used on both residential and commercial restoration projects depending on the circumstances.
- Floor Drying Systems - Floor drying systems are highly specialized pieces of restoration equipment that utilize a series of floor mats and hoses with a vacuum system to extract trapped moisture from hardwood floors quickly and safely. They are great for saving hardwood floors after water damage, and can sometimes prevent or correct warped or bowed hardwood floors in both commercial and residential restoration projects.
- Cavity Drying Equipment - Cavity drying equipment is used when water is trapped in wall or floor cavities. Holes are drilled in the affected area and hoses are inserted that will circulate warm dry air throughout the cavity so that drying can take place with minimal damage to the building material. These units are typically used in tandem with other air movers and dehumidifiers as part of cohesive drying plan and are commonly used on both commercial and residential restoration projects.
24/7 Emergency Restoration & Mitigation Services
SERVPRO of Marietta West is available 24-hours a day, each and every day, even during major holidays. Give us a call at (770) 428-5467 or visit www.SERVPROmariettawest.com for more information. If you would like one of our loss coordinators to contact you you can click here and one of our trained professionals will reach out to you as soon as possible. Our highly trained water, fire and mold restoration technicians are IICRC certified and maintain their mitigation and restoration skills with continued education classes. We are proud to have served the Marietta and Kennesaw area for over 15 years and are here to help our Cobb County community when disaster strikes.
Emergency Water Extraction in Kennesaw, GA
We is here to help and is faster to any size disaster. When water damage happens, time is of the essence...better call SERVPRO of Marietta West!
SERVPRO of Marietta West provides emergency water extraction, drying and restoration services, 24-hours a day seven days a week, to the greater Kennesaw and Marietta, GA area. That means when your toilet overflows late one evening, or a tree falls on your home in the middle of the night, or how about your septic or sewage system backs up Thanksgiving morning and you are expecting guests that evening for Thanksgiving dinner...it’s time to call SERVPRO of Marietta West. We are the company Kennesaw, Marietta and greater Atlanta area homeowners can call to make it “Like it never even happened.” We are your trusted, locally owned and operated water, fire and mold restoration company. Water restoration can be a long, arduous process but it doesn’t have to be; Call SERVPRO of Marietta West, the professionals that are faster to any size disaster.
Water damage happens...When it does call SERVPRO of Marietta West (770) 428-5467
Here are a few things you can do while help is on the way:
- If safe to do, shut off the water source. If you are unable to locate or turn off the water source, SERVPRO’s highly trained water restoration technician can assist you with this.
- If safe to do so, turn off electrical power at the circuit breakers in areas that are affected by the water loss. If you are unable or feel uncomfortable with turning off the power, again SERVPRO’s highly trained water restoration technician can assist you with this.
- Remove as much excess water as possible through mopping and blotting.with towels. If available a shop-vac rated for wet-dry use, or a submersible pump can come in very handy when standing water is involved, assuming you are trained in the safe use of these tools.
- Aluminium foil or wood blocks can be placed between wet carpet and furniture legs or feet to prevent additional damage to both the furniture and possibly the carpet.
- Valuables, medications, and other sensitive items should be moved to a safe dry place. Such items include paintings, sculptures or other art objects, computers and other electronic devices, food products and personal files or documents.
- Do not enter any affected areas if electrical switches, outlets, electrical equipment or circuit breakers are exposed to water. All precautions should be taken to avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaners to remove water unless rated for both wet and dry use. This could cause damage to the vacuum cleaner or even worse, electrical shock to the user.
- Do not turn on ceiling fans or lights if the ceiling is wet. This could cause an electrical short and become a major fire hazard.
- Do not enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water. The ceiling could give way at any moment and cause you bodily harm.
When it comes to water damage, time is often of the essence. If you or someone you know has recently experienced a water loss, don't hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Marietta West here or give us a call (770) 428-5467. We have live operators answering our phone 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, including all major holidays.
ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
ECTP- Employee Certification Training Program
SERVPRO of Marietta West is one of the most trusted names in the water restoration industry. You can take our word for it, or see what some of our customers have to say about SERVPRO of Marietta West: Google My Business Reviews, Facebook Reviews, BBB A+ Accredited Business Reviews
Looking for more information on the water mitigation & restoration process, check out some of our related Water Damage Restoration Blogs: “SERVPRO of Marietta West’s 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines”; “What to Expect When You Call SERVPRO of Marietta West”; “Residential Drying and Water Mitigation Preformed on Powder Springs, GA Home”; “Refrigerator Supply Line Causes Residential Water Loss in Marietta, GA”
Refrigerator Supply Line Causes Residential Water Loss in Marietta, GA
Your home is likely you largest investment. Le SERVPRO of Marietta West protect your investment and make water damage "Like it never even happened".
Water damage can happen when you least expect it, so when it does, call the restoration professionals that are faster to any size disaster. SERVPRO of Marietta West knows that when it comes to water damage, a quick response can be the difference between a minor drying/restoration project, and a major inconvenience that leaves you living out of a suitcase for several weeks. That’s why SERVPRO of Marietta West is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week and can provide emergency services within a couple hours of notification. Whether your home’s crawl space is in need of emergency water extraction, your bathroom has suffered a sewage backup or any number of water damage related emergencies, SERVPRO of Marietta West will answer your call, ready to make it “Like it never even happened.”
*The following is a synopsis of the services SERVPRO of Marietta West performed for a Powder Springs, GA customer. SERVPRO believes strongly in our customers' rights to privacy and would never publish any materials related to the service we’ve performed for our customer, without their express written consent. This homeowner was gracious enough to authorize SERVPRO of Marietta West to share their experience working with us, and for that we are very thankful.
Cause of Loss & Property Description: Recently a local Marietta homeowner called SERVPRO of Marietta West early one morning with an emergency water extraction call. The four bedroom, two bathroom home was built in the late 1980’s and was located in the Fainview Farm subdivision in Marietta, GA. The brick home consisted of two levels and a low clearance crawl space. The homeowner woke up to find that their newly installed refrigerator had leaked water throughout the kitchen, through the floor and into the crawl space. The ice maker water supply line was installed improperly and leaked for over 12 hours. SERVPRO of Marietta West arrived on-site shortly after our customer’s initial call, ready to start drying, mitigating, and restoring the homeowner’s property to preloss condition.
Kitchen Restoration: The kitchen measured fifteen and a half feet by twelve feet with nine foot ceilings. The hardwood floors under and around the refrigerator were affected by class 2-grey water, which meant that approximately 10% or fifteen square feet of flooring would need to be removed, bagged and disposed of properly. The affected area and materials were treated with antimicrobials and professional cleaning products like Sporicidin Disinfectant Spray or Benefect Disinfectant Solution, to prevent future mold growth. The contents of the room were unaffected but were sanitized as a precaution, to prevent cross contamination to non affected areas and were stored on sight. Two Airmax air movers and a single low grain refrigerant dehumidifier was used to dry the structure and building materials, in the kitchen, to preloss conditions and to IICRC S500 Standards.
Crawl Space Restoration: The crawl space measured three feet tall, twenty-two feet long by six and a half feet wide with concrete substrate and was considered an unconditioned space. Water from the refrigerator leak penetrated the hardwood floors and subfloor in the kitchen and pooled in an area in the crawl space below. Water in the crawl space was quickly and safely extracted using SERVPRO of Marietta West’s powerful truck mounted vacuum extractor. Around twenty-five square feet of insulation was saturated by class 2-grey water during the water loss and would have to be removed, bagged and disposed of properly. The crawl space was treated using antimicrobials and professional cleaning products to prevent future mold growth and two low profile air movers and a low profile LGR dehumidifier were strategically placed to dry the crawl space to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Marietta West 24/7 Emergency Water Restoration
When water damage happens we understand that you may be feeling confused, stressed and unsure of what to do. This is when you need guidance from the experts. SERVPRO of Marietta West is Here to Help. From the first phone call, our knowledgeable customer service professionals will ask questions to best assess how much damage is there and determine what equipment and supplies they will need. SERVPRO of Marietta West has a 2 hour response time, but in most cases we will arrive in 1 hour.
Questions you will be asked:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information
- The street address of the property where the damage is located
- When did the damage occur
- What caused the damage (if known)
- If the damage is caused by water, has the water been turned off?
- Has the electricity been turned off? (if necessary)
SERVPRO is a Preferred Service Provider for Most Major Insurance Companies
SERVPRO of Marietta West’s highly trained and professional restoration team, will help you navigate all of the twists and turns that can come with restoring your home or business after water damage and can help you regain control of the situation. Upon notification, SERVPRO of Marietta West can have technicians on-site within an hour, in most cases, ready to start the drying process so that your life can get back to normal. If your home or business has suffered water damage, give SERVPRO of Marietta West a call today! SERVPRO of Marietta West works hand in hand with insurance companies like State Farm, Metlife, Farmers and The Hartford to make sure that all steps are taken, to get your home back to normal. We also have a great working relationship with our local insurance claims adjusters and agents.
Check out some of our related Water Restoration Blogs:”What to Expect When You Call SERVPRO of Marietta West” "Why does your Kennesaw basement flood?"; "How to Dry Hardwood Floors in Cobb County GA"; "Faster to Any Size Water Disaster"; "Top 5 Causes of Water Damage in Fair Oaks, GA"; "Flooded Basement in Marietta, GA"
Checkout some of our related Water Restoration Before & After Photos: “Significantly Water Damaged Basement in Kennesaw, GA”; “Office Break Room”; “Popcorn Ceiling with Water Damage”; “Bathroom Flooded by Water From Exterior of Home”
What to Expect When You Call SERVPRO of Marietta West
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West 24-hours a day. Commercial water restoration is serious business and we are always here to help!
SERVPRO of Marietta West is available 24 hours a day for emergency services. When dealing with an emergency, whether water, fire or storm, timing is of the essence. Any delay can increase the amount of damage and the time your home or business will be under construction.
We understand you may be feeling confused, stressed and unsure of what to do. This is when you need guidance from the experts. SERVPRO of Marietta West is Here to Help. From the first phone call, our knowledgeable customer service professionals will ask questions to best assess how much damage is there and determine what equipment and supplies they will need. SERVPRO of Marietta West has a 2 hour response time, but in most cases we will arrive in 1 hour.
Questions you may be asked:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information
- The street address of the property where the damage is located
- When did the damage occur
- What caused the damage (if known)
- If the damage is caused by water, has the water been turned off?
- Has the electricity been turned off? (if necessary)
What to Expect From Our Technicians
When our certified technician arrives at your home, they will first walk through and assess the damaged area(s) and determine what action is necessary. They will then go over the process with you, at which point you will authorize the work to be performed. The technician will then start the extraction process, if the damage is caused by water. If demolition is required, that will be done at this time. Equipment such as, dehumidifiers, air scrubbers and fans may be strategically placed throughout the area. If there are hardwood floors affected, a mat system may be used to attempt to dry the hardwoods instead of removing them, saving you or your insurance company time and money for costly repairs. The technician will then set up a time for the following day to inspect the area to insure the drying process is going properly or make any necessary changes. We understand this process can be stressful, however; please leave the machines running at all times. Once the affected area(s) have been dried to IICRC and SERVPRO standards, your technician will remove all of the equipment and
SERVPRO of Marietta West is Locally Owned with National Resources
We live and work in this community, we are probably your neighbor! We are proud to be part of the Atlanta community. SERVPRO of Marietta West is close by and ready to respond to your fire emergency.
Let SERVPRO of Marietta West be your trusted emergency restoration company!
Our team of certified technicians are here to help you regardless of the amount of damage to your home. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you get back to pre damage condition. From the beginning stages to the final construction, we want to help make it “Like it never even happened”. Call us at (770) 428-5467 or click here to have our knowledgeable staff contact you.
Here are several water restoration before & after photos from past work for commercial clients: "Office Space Water Loss From Outside Water"; "Emergency Water Cleanup in Marietta GA"; "Significantly Water Damaged Basement in Kennesaw, GA"; "Office Break Room"; "Popcorn Ceiling with Water Damage"; "Living Room That Required Total Removal of Flooring"
*Check out some of our previous water restoration blogs: "Residential Drying and Water Mitigation Preformed on Powder Springs, GA Home"; "SERVPRO of Marietta West's 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines"; "Why does your Kennesaw basement flood?"; "How to Dry Hardwood Floors in Cobb County GA"; "Top 5 Causes of Water Damage in Fair Oaks, GA"; "Flooded Basement in Marietta GA"
Residential Drying and Water Mitigation Preformed on Powder Springs, GA Home
If you experience a water loss, call SERVPRO of Marietta West 24/7. We're here to help! We can have a restoration specialist at your door in no time!
SERVPRO of Marietta West services and restores between ten to twenty homes just about every week. Answering calls and dispatching water restoration professionals 24 hours a day to help homeowners mitigate water damage and dry the structure of their homes (as well as the contents of their home). As an IICRC Certified Firm, we receive calls ranging from burst water heaters, common plumbing and pipe leaks, to sewage backups. SERVPRO of Marietta West is here to help the residents of Marietta and Kennesaw work through any size or type of water damage that occurs to their home or business, any time day or night.
During inclement weather and storm events, job numbers can fluctuate greatly, even doubling due to flash floods and added stress on the Marietta and Kennesaw sewage systems. We also perform emergency board-up services for both commercial and residential customers when their property is compromised by wind and storm damage. By securing the property using tarps and plywood, SERVPRO of Marietta West can prevent additional damage to the interior of the home or business due to exposure to the elements.
*The following is a synopsis of the services SERVPRO of Marietta West performed for this Powder Springs, GA customer. SERVPRO believes strongly in our customers' rights to privacy and would never publish any materials related to the service we’ve performed for our customer, without their express written consent. This homeowner was gracious enough to authorize SERVPRO of Marietta West to share their experience working with us, and for that we are very thankful.
Drying and Mitigation of Flooded Powder Springs, GA Home
Recently SERVPRO of Marietta West received a call after normal business hours from a customer with a burst water heater in the basement of their three level home. The beautiful, brick home was located in the Warren Creek subdivision in Powder Springs, GA and was built in the early 2000’s. Amazingly, the homeowner was actually quite calm when she called us at our 24 hour service desk and requested emergency service to both stop the water leak and dry up her home. Our job coordinator gathered the necessary information about the home and pertinent details about the water leak itself, and immediately dispatched a team of four water restoration technicians, complete with drying and extraction equipment to help her get the situation under control. The team of water restoration professionals arrived on-site within an hour of our customer’s initial call, inspected the affected area for safety concerns, was able to get the water turned off, documented the water loss for our customers insurance company, and began mitigating, extracting, and drying the water damaged areas.
Brief Scope of Work: In total, 1303 sq. ft. was affected by class-2 grey water damage, which would have to be extracted using SERVPRO’s powerful truck mounted water extraction equipment. Contents of rooms were inspected for water damage, logged into the room inventory manifest, documented by photograph, and carefully stored in SERVPRO supplied boxes for future cleaning and restoration off site at our 10,000 sq. ft. cleaning and storage facility. Around 520 sq. ft. of flooring was to be removed, bagged and disposed of properly due to grey water contamination and in the interest of cost-effective water restoration practices during the mitigation phase, along with just over one hundred linear feet of baseboards. The entire area was then cleaned and treated with antimicrobial restoration products like Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution or Benefect Disinfectant Solution to prevent future mold growth. Thirty-five air movers and four dehumidifiers were strategically placed throughout the affected area and over the course of the next three days the structure was dried to preloss condition and in accordance with IICRC S500 Standards.
Zone One: The home was divided into two separate zones based on the level of damage, free airflow, and contiguous room location. Zone one was mostly unfinish, with roughed in drywall and concrete floors. While Zone two was fully finished and consisted of climate controlled space (a bedroom and bonus room). In zone one there was a hallway, utility room (where the water heater and HVAC units were located), a home use music studio, two storage rooms and a workshop.
Hallway: The hallway was approximately 15 ft. long and 7 ft wide with an 8 ft. ceiling. The ceiling and walls were unaffected by the water loss, but the concrete floor was 100% affected by class 2-grey water and required roughly 103 sq ft of hard surface water extraction. The roughly 100 sq. ft area was then treated with antimicrobial agents to prevent mold growth and to sanitize the area. Three Phoenix AirMax air movers were strategically placed and used to dry the affected area over the course of the next three days.
Utility Room: The utility closet was approximately 13.5 ft. long, 10 ft. wide with an 8 ft. ceiling, and housed one of the home’s HVAC units and water heater. The cause of loss was a safety valve on the hot water heater which meant that this was the first room our techs visited when they arrived on the scene in order to turn off the water supply line to the hot water heater and stop the leak. The utility room was again mostly unfinished with roughed in drywall and concrete floors. The floors were about 90% affected by possibly contaminated water and the walls and ceiling again, were unharmed. Class 2-grey water was extracted from a roughly 116 sq. ft. area in the room, then antimicrobial agents were used to sanitize the affected area. Three Prochem Triad air movers were strategically placed and used to dry the affected area over the course of the next three days.
Music Studio: The music studio was approximately 15 ft. long, 12 ft. wide with an 8 ft. ceiling and was mostly unfinished with roughed in drywall and medium grade floating engineered flooring. The contents of the room was carefully inspected for water damage, logged into the room inventory list, documented by photograph, and carefully boxed for transport to our cleaning and restoration facility. The ceiling and walls were unaffected, but roughly 75% of the flooring in the room was affected by class 2-grey water. Approximately 127 sq. ft. of flooring was removed, bagged and disposed of properly. The same area required hard surface water extraction, cleaning and antimicrobial treatment to prevent mold growth and sanitize the area. Three Triad air movers, an additional centrifugal air mover, and a single Dry-Eaz Evolution LGR dehumidifier was used to dry the remaining moisture in the room over the course of the next three days, at which point the rooms newly clean and restored contents were returned from our cleaning and restoration facility.
Storage Room 1: The first storage room was approximately 16.5 ft. long,13 ft wide with an 8 ft. ceiling and was largely unfinished with roughed in drywall and concrete floors. As this was a storage room there was a small amount of contents that had to be carefully inspected for water damage, logged into the room inventory list, documented by photograph, and carefully boxed for transport to our cleaning and restoration facility. Hard surface water extraction was performed over 95% of the room totaling a 316 sq. ft. area that would also have to be cleaned and sanitized using antimicrobial agents that would prevent future mold growth. In this room six low-profile AirMax air movers, one Triad air mover, and a single Evolution LGR dehumidifier were placed to remove any trapped moisture over the next three days. Afterward they clean, sanitized and restored contents were returned.
Storage Room 2: The second storage room was almost exactly the same size as storage room one (16 ft. X 13 ft. X 8 ft.) and was again largely unfinished with roughed in drywall and concrete floors. The ceiling and walls were unaffected and only about 5% of the unfinished concrete floor was affected by grey water. The contents of the room were untouched, but in effort to insure they remain undamaged, our technicians carefully inspected them for water damage, logged into the room inventory list, documented by photograph, and carefully boxed for storage on site in a non-affected area. Light water extraction was performed over a 16 sq. ft. area and was cleaned with antimicrobial agents to prevent mold growth. A pair of AirMax air movers were strategically placed to thoroughly dry the affected area over the course of the next three days. Once dry the contents of the room, that were stored on site, were returned to their original places.
Workshop: The workshop was approximately 30 ft. long, 12 ft wide, had an 8 ft high ceiling and was mostly unfinished with roughed in drywall and concrete floors. The ceiling and wall were unaffected but the concrete floors were almost 60% affected with class 2-grey water. The workshop had a small amount of contents which were able to be cleaned on-site with SERVPRO proprietary cleaning products and treated with antimicrobial agents to sanitize them and prevent mold growth, then they were packed into storage boxes and stored on-site in a non-affected area. Hard surface water extraction was performed over a 234 sq. ft. area in the workshop. Then the area was treated and cleaned using antimicrobial agents to prevent mold growth and sanitize the area. Once the workshop was dried to preloss condition and in accordance with IICRC S500 Standards, the cleaned contents were returned to the prospective places in the room.
Zone Two: The area in zone two was a climate controlled living space, completely finished with vinyl flooring and consisted of two rooms, a bedroom and a bonus room.
Bedroom: The bedroom was approximately 13 ft. long, 11 ft. wide, and had an 8 ft. tall ceiling. The ceiling and wall were unaffected but the vinyl flooring was roughly 50% affected by class 2-grey water damage. There was a small amount of contents in the bedroom like furniture (ie. bed, nightstand, & small dresser) and some personal effects like clothing and bric-a-brac items. All of the contents were carefully inspected for water damage, logged into the room inventory list, documented by photograph, and carefully boxed for transport to our cleaning and restoration facility. Hard surface water extraction was performed over a 69 sq. ft. area of vinyl floor to remove standing water. Roughly half of the vinyl flooring and trip/baseboards were removed, bagged and disposed of properly due to contact with contaminated water which totaled 69 sq. ft. and 33 linear ft. respectively. The affected area was cleaned and treated with antimicrobial agents to sanitize the area and prevent future mold growth. A couple of strategically placed centrifugal air movers were all the drying equipment required to dry the affected area to preloss condition and in accordance with IICRC S500 Standards, over the course of the next three days. The contents and furniture was moved back on-site and to their original positions after the bedroom was certified dry and decontaminated.
Bonus Room: The bonus room was approximately 15.5 ft. long, 20 ft. wide, and had an 8 ft. tall ceiling. While this room was completely finished climate controlled living space the room was not in use and only contained minimal contents which could be cleaned/sanitized on site and stored in a non-affected area. Hard surface water extraction was performed throughout the 323 sq. ft. area to remove free standing water. The ceiling and walls were unaffected but, the vinyl flooring was 100% affected by class 2-grey water and as such all the vinyl flooring was removed, bagged and disposed of properly, along with all baseboards. Roughly 323 sq. ft. of vinyl flooring and 70.5 linear ft. of baseboards were removed in total from the bonus room, making this one of the most affected rooms included in this particular water claim. All affected areas were cleaned and treated with antimicrobial agents to sanitize the building materials and prevent future mold growth. Five Triad air movers, two AirMax air movers and a single Dri-Eaz LGR dehumidifier were used to complete the drying process in the bonus room over the course of the next three days. Once the room was given a final inspection and certified dry to IICRC S500 Standards the cleaned and sanitized contents were returned to their rightful places.
*If you have enjoyed this blog or wish to read more about SERVPRO of Marietta West’s water mitigation and restoration services check out our related blogs: “SERVPRO of Marietta West’s 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines”; “Why does your Kennesaw basement flood?”; “How to Dry Hardwood Floors in Cobb County GA”; “Flooded Basement in Marietta GA”; “Three Easy Steps to Remember When Your Toilet Backs-up or Overflows”
You can also check out some of our before and after water restoration photos here.
SERVPRO of Marietta West's 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines
Give SERVPRO of Marietta West a call if you have an questions about water restoration or are in need of water restoration services.
We here at SERVPRO of Marietta West have always prided ourselves on being faster any size disaster. Meaning that no matter what size water, fire, mold, or cleaning project you have on your hands, be it commercial or residential, you know that help from SERVPRO of Marietta West is on its way and will be there quick, fast and in a hurry. Our trained professionals will come equipped with all the equipment needed to stabilize water damaged areas and are ready to extract standing water with their powerful water extraction tool if necessary. SERVPRO has developed a set of Service Response Guidelines to ensure that all SERVPRO franchises are able to respond to our customers's needs in a swift and timely manner.
Service Response Guidelines
1 Hour – Within one hour of notice of loss, one of SERVPRO of Marietta West’s loss coordinators will contact you to arrange for service.
4 Hours – Within four hours of loss notification, SERVPRO of Marietta West will be on-site to start mitigation services (if necessary).
8 Hours – Within eight business hours, we will initiate a verbal briefing of the scope of damage and needed mitigation efforts.
*While these guidelines are a good way to ensure that all of our customers are taken care of properly, SERVPRO of Marietta West strives for greatness and averages less than a two hour turn-around-time when responding to emergency water or fire service requests.
Let's take a look at the first part of our Service Response Guideline, “Within one hour of notice of loss, one of SERVPRO of Marietta West’s loss coordinators will contact you to arrange for service.” What does this mean? This means that no matter what time you call, day or night, your call will be answered by a SERVPRO of Marietta West team member, and that technicians can be immediately dispatched to your location ready to start extracting water, mitigating damage, and restoring your home or business. Our loss coordinator will gather information about your water loss like: Is there standing water on-site? How many levels are affected? What type of flooring is affected? What year was the structure built? Are utilities like electrical power and water available on-site? We gather this information to better prepare our highly trained technicians and allow them to equip their service vehicle with the appropriate equipment.
The second part of the Service Response Guideline, “Within four hours of loss notification, SERVPRO of Marietta West will be on-site to start mitigation services (if necessary).” This section is pretty cut and dry. Within four hours of notification of the loss, SERVPRO of Marietta West will be on-site to stabilize the affected area(s) and start the remediation/restoration process. SERVPRO of Marietta West likes to point out that our average response time is well under the four hour guideline and in most cases, response time is actually less than two hours. Should our customer choose to delay our initial service call, our loss coordinator can help them schedule a more convenient time for our initial visit. We always advise our customer that the longer water damage sits unmitigated, the more likely it is to cause additional damage. The sooner SERVPRO of Marietta West can stabilize affected water damaged areas, the better!
Finally we have the third part of our Service Response Guideline, “Within eight business hours, we will initiate a verbal briefing of the scope of damage and needed mitigation efforts.” This is the step in the Service Response Guideline that gives you some solid information on what it is going to take to return your property to preloss condition and explain how SERVPRO of Marietta West can make it “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of Marietta West does not use scare or high pressure sales tactics. We prefer to work with customers that are well informed and understand the restoration process. This is why SERVPRO of Marietta West provides estimates and a scope of work to explain what it will take to restore your property, before performing services.
SERVPRO of Marietta West’s highly trained and professional restoration team will help you navigate all of the twists and turns that can come with restoring your home or business after water damage and can help you regain control of the situation. Upon notification, SERVPRO of Marietta West can have technicians on-site within an hour in most cases, ready to start the drying process so that your life can get back to normal. If your home or business has suffered water damage, give SERVPRO of Marietta West a call today! We are approved and preferred vendors for most insurance companies and have a great working relationship with
local insurance adjusters. If you happen to be a State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, Auto Owners, or The Hartford insurance customer, SERVPRO of Marietta West is a preferred provider of these carriers making the process simple for our customers. Taking all of the guesswork out of filling out insurance paperwork, scheduling with adjusters, and documenting your claim.
Check out some of our related Water Restoration Blogs: "Why does your Kennesaw basement flood?"; "How to Dry Hardwood Floors in Cobb County GA"; "Faster to Any Size Water Disaster"; "Top 5 Causes of Water Damage in Fair Oaks, GA"; "Flooded Basement in Marietta, GA"
Why does your Kennesaw basement flood?
If your home or business suffers water damage call the pros that know how to make it "Like it never even happened." ...SERVPRO of East Cobb!
Choosing a restoration company can be difficult. It’s fine to judge a company’s work when things go smoothly, but it's a better measure of a company to judge them on how they handle issues when a project doesn’t go as planned. You want to choose a company that you know and that you can trust. A company with roots in the Kennesaw community and an impeccable track record. You want a restoration company that stands behind their work and offers warranties. You want SERVPRO of Marietta West!
Everyday SERVPRO of Marietta West answers customer’s urgent calls concerning any number of different types of water, mold, and fire damage. Our number one goal is to return your property to preloss condition and make it “Like it never even happened.” That’s why SERVPRO of Marietta West fields some of the most knowledgeable, well trained, and capable water restoration technicians in all of Metro Atlanta area. SERVPRO is never more than a phone call away and is always ready to answer your call 24/7, day or night. When disaster strikes, don’t go it alone. It’s time to call the professionals at SERVPRO of Marietta West.
When your home or business suffers water damage, you don’t just want things cleaned. You want your life back and that's where SERVPRO of Marietta West comes in. We specialize in water restoration, flooding, and storm damage. One of our main strengths, aside from mitigating and restoring our customers property, is our customer service. From your initial call to your final bill, SERVPRO of Marietta West will make every effort to make this process easy and hassle free. We will treat you and your family with respect and empathy, and will always treat your home and belongings with care. Doing all that we can to help you regain control following a water disaster.
It is important to know the classification of the contaminated water you are dealing with when it comes to water restoration in Kennesaw. Knowing the classification allows SERVPRO professionals to choose the proper course of action to restore your property to preloss condition.
Classification of Contaminated Water
- Category One (CAT1) is the least harmful. Thought of as clean water, or water that doesn’t pose health concerns or threats to humans. This damage affects only part of a room, with materials that include particle board, plywood, structural wood, vinyl composition tile, and concrete. Often caused by broken or leaking appliances or sinks.
- Category Two (CAT2) is often referred to as greywater and may cause sickness if ingested due to microorganisms. Has a fast rate of evaporation. This faster rate means that carpets and cushions are damaged. The seepage of water up a wall is less than 24 inches, and moisture is held within structural materials. Often caused by broken toilets, sump pumps, and HVAC drainage lines.
- Category Three (CAT3) is commonly known as “blackwater” and is unsanitary due to bacteria and other organisms that can cause sickness and other health issues. Has the fastest rate of evaporation. Damage may come from faulty sprinklers or other ceiling sources that can soak the walls, furniture, carpets, ceilings and the subfloor. A wide-spread water event.
- Category Four (CAT4) requires special water restoration and removal treatment. This classification affects flooring, plaster, stone, brick, crawlspaces, and concrete.
Pipe Leak - A pipe leak in the basement can cause an untold amount of water damage depending on what type of pipe is leaking. Does the pipe have constant water flowing through it or is a drain line that carries water to the sewer? Pipes with constant water pressure tend to spray water non-stop until the water is shut off or the leak is repaired. If the leak is not detected quickly, water will accumulate and saturate porous materials like sheetrock, flooring and other textiles like furniture. In most cases, walls and flooring are able to be dried to IICRC S500 Standards using air-movers, low grain refrigerant dehumidifiers (LGR dehumidifiers), with minimal demolition required. When drainage lines or pipes leak there is often less water involved, but the water is most likely highly contaminated. This type of water damage would be categorized as CAT3 water damage, meaning that special care will need to be taken to prevent mold growth and contamination of on affected areas. Furniture and carpeting will need to be removed and disposed of properly. Hardwoods, carpeting, and any other flooring will also need to be removed. Sheetrock can be mitigated by performing a “flood cut” around the base of the wall in any area affected by the water damage. Any materials that came in contact with the CAT 3 water will need to be evaluated for restoration and will most likely have to be replaced.
Toilet Leaks / Sewage Backup - Toilet leaks and sewage backup probably seem very similar to the untrained eye, but the treatment protocols can vary greatly. Sewage backups typically contains “greywater”, “blackwater”, and even human waste. All sewage jobs are categorized no lower than a CAT3 water damage, but not every toilet leak is categorized as CAT3 water damage. A good way of determining if your toilet leaking CAT3 water is to determine what part of the toilet the leak is coming from. If the leak is coming from beyond the toilet trap (the bowl, the base, or from the inner workings of the toilet) then it is most likely CAT3 water you are dealing with. If the leak is coming from the toilet supply line, then there is a good chance that the water would be considered CAT1 water damage because the leak originated from a potable water source.
The cleanup procedures for CAT1 typically involve minimal demolition and textiles like carpeting, hardwood floors, furniture, and other textiles have a greater likelihood of being dried, cleaned, and restored to preloss condition. Typically technicians will extract standing water and water from saturated carpeting, treating the areas with antimicrobial professional cleaning products. Air-movers can then be placed in the affected area(s) along with LGR dehumidifiers. Once dry, surfaces in the affected area are given a final cleaning using SERVPRO’s proprietary professional cleaning products and antimicrobial treatments to prevent future mold growth.
CAT3 water damage tend to be a little bit more involved restoration process due to its hazardous nature and requires additional precautions. The first step is to extract any standing water and water from saturated carpeting. Then the demolition phase will begin. This step requires that anything that came in contact with contaminated water be removed, be it drywall, flooring, or furniture. Once demo is completed the entire area is cleaned using professional antimicrobial cleaning products. Drying and air filtration equipment can be placed in the affected area until the structure is dry to IICRC standards.
Weather Events, Floods, and Storms - When we respond to water damage that occurs due to weather events like heavy rains, floods, and high winds we are dealing with water damage that originates from outside the home or business. Water that makes it way inside the structure of a building is commonly referred to as “intrusive water”. Water that originates from outside your home or business is also categorized as CAT3 water, due to the likelihood of it carrying heavy metals, bacterial/biological agents, and microorganisms which are hazardous to your health. Materials like drywall, vinyl floors, carpeting, and furniture that come in contact with this type of water will need to be removed or assessed for restoration by a trained professional. If not handled properly or left untreated, areas damaged by CAT3 water or “intrusive water” can develop mold growth very easily.
Storm and Flood damage can originate from many places like doorways, along window seals, rooflines, and even the foundation. In major flooding events, water levels can rise in floodplains or flood zones putting homes and businesses a major risk of water damage. Flooding events typically affect large swaths of the community and whole cities, like the floods in Nashville, TN or Joplin, MO. Floods even affect large portions of states like the floods in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. Storms are typically thought of as more isolated events like when a tree falls on a house or high winds damage damage siding or shingles.
Landscaping Grading and Drainage Issues - Rainfall can also trigger events that exacerbate underlying issues with the structure or design of the building. Like when rainfall overwhelms drainage systems like gutters, drainage ditches, floor drains, or sump-pumps. Water damage caused by landscape grading or drainage issues refer to issues stemming from the topography of the land that the structure is built on or inadequate drainage systems put in place to shed water safely. Issues can be naturally occurring, like building a home in or near a floodplain, or they can also be man-made, like when gutters get clogged with leaves causing rainwater to pool and penetrate a building. An example of naturally occurring issues would be when a home is built near the base of a hill or in a valley. Rainwater that falls on the hillsides runs down the hill and comes to rest at the lowest point causing pools of water to from near the base of the hill, water to intrude into the structure,and damaging to the property. An example of man-made issues include poorly planned property landscape grading, poorly planned structural additions to the property, poor maintenance and/or installation of drainage systems, or removal of trees/shrubbery or other ground coverings that cause erosion issues.
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West (770)428-5467 today and let us truly make it “Like it never even happened,” with our construction!
Emergency Building Services
When your home has been damaged by a storm or water, the immediate concern may include temporary protective measures to prevent additional damages, like placing a roof tarp. Learn more about our Building Services.
- Roof Tarp
- Temporary Fencing
- Move-Out / Pack-Out
- Temporary Warehouse Space
Repairs and Minor Building Services
The following building and repair services may be necessary to restore your home to pre-water damage condition.
- Drywall Removal and Installation
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- Tile Floor Repair
- Carpet Repair and Installation
Building Services and Reconstruction
SERVPRO of Marietta West can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial water damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keep costs low. We can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring the building back to full functionality.
How to Dry Hardwood Floors in Cobb County GA
Injectidry System drying out home owners breakfast nook after a water loss.
Hardwood floors have become one of the most popular types of flooring around. They can be very beautiful and can bring warmth and comfort to your home, while allowing you to put your own personal touch on your space with the wide variety of types, colors, and finishes available today. Hardwood floors have also become surprisingly affordable when compared to historical prices of comparable flooring, due to advances in composite and engineered materials as well as eco-friendly flooring options.
One downside of hardwood floors can be durability because of the upkeep associated with them and the fact that they are especially susceptible to water damage. What happens if your beautiful hardwood floors suffer water damage? The sink was left on by accident and overflowed. Who should you call? The ice maker leaked and caused warping or bowing behind the refrigerator. Could this cause mold? Can you handle the mess yourself? What is the replacement cost? Could this affect my home’s value?
Just give us a call and our dispatch will have a team of SERVPRO professionals on the way in no time! SERVPRO of Marietta West prides ourselves on our response time, because we know when it comes to water damage minutes can count, and when it comes to saving your precious belongings and family heirlooms there’s no better company you can trust then SERVPRO of Marietta West!
What actually happens when hardwood floors are damaged by water?
When your hardwood floors suffer water damage there are several types of damage that can occur. Cupping, buckling, staining, and damage to the finish of hardwood flooring are all common type of damage that can occur due to water damage. Most of these issues are moisture related and happened due swelling and or bowing of the sides of each individual board. With the quick action, proper equipment, and a little luck even the worst damaged floors can be resorted to preloss condition. The following tips are some general guidelines for drying hardwood floors:
- If there are any wet or moist items like rugs, couches, or chairs on the affected hardwood floors, it would be best to remove them and place them in a safe place to dry (possibly outside or in a non-effected room).
- Soak up as much of the water as you can using traditional methods like mopping, wet vacuuming, and towels. Even once you have removed all of the visible water you may continue to use the wet vacuum to suck water from deep in the grains and pores of the wood but be careful not do any additional damage to the finish along the way.
- Clean the hardwood floors of any dirt or debris by gently wiping with cleaning cloths using a professional cleaning product like Sporicidin Antimicrobial Disinfectant or Benefect Botanical Disinfectant. Any dirt or debris left on the surface will retain moisture and create drying issues.
- Utilize fans and dehumidifiers to pull moisture from the floors. Inspect the flooring once it is visibly dry for signs of mold or fungi growth. You can use a moisture testing meter to confirm that the excess moisture has been removed.
SERVPRO of Marietta West’s staff is well trained, punctual, and always have our customers best interest at heart. We understand that water damaged flooring can be a time sensitive situation and are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We also offer professional residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, storm damage cleanup, and many other disaster related restoration services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us today. SERVPRO of Marietta West is fastest to any sized disaster and can get the job done right the first time.
If your floors do need to be replaced, don’t sweat it. SERVPRO of Marietta West has you covered. Check out our Building and Reconstruction Services and let us make it “Like it never even happened."
Faster to Any Size Water Disaster
SERVPRO of Marietta West is always on call. We have technicians available 24/7. Ready to be dispatched at a moments notice!
There's no such thing as a small disaster, especially when the water you don't see could contain bacteria or cause mold, rot, and many other combination of unseen damages. Water damage can affect the value of your property, especially when it comes to your insurance premiums. Before you get out the mop bucket and try to clean it yourself, consider how the damage can affect your property.
Ask yourself this question, "If my vehicle broke down would I call an ophthalmologist to fix my car?", or would you call your accountant to perform a health check-up? Then why call anybody but SERVPRO of Marietta West to restore water damage in your home. If your Cobb County house suffers a water loss you should call SERVPRO of Marietta West. We are the trained professional that sets the industry standard in the restoration business.
Our trained professionals know how disruptive water damage can be for your day to day life. SERVPRO of Marietta West is your local SERVPRO franchise and our team members are trained and equipped to manage the drying process from start to finish. By utilizing the proper equipment and moisture measuring devices, your home (or business) will be quickly and thoroughly dried to industry standards. This will help prevent secondary damages, saving you precious time and money. With rapid response time, and a full line of water cleanup and restoration services SERVPRO of Marietta West professionals can help you regain control quickly, by helping to ensure your home and its contents are properly dried, deodorized and protected.
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West for 24/7 water restoration service (770) 428-5467
Before you risk additional damage to the value of your home or business contact SERVPRO of Marietta. In most cases, we can inspect your property, provide you with an estimate, and help you determine if you need to file an insurance claim, all at no charge.
Check out what some of our customer have had to say about their experience working with us.
Top 5 Causes of Water Damage In Fair Oaks GA
Kitchen sinks are notorious for causing water damage. Call SERVPRO of Marietta West for a moisture check on your home or business.
With over 30 years of providing the best in water restoration and mitigation services under our belt, SERVPRO of Marietta West has seen just about everything when it comes to water damage. No two restoration jobs are exactly the same but some are more common than others. We have put together a list of the top 5 causes for water damages in the Marietta and Smyrna area. By knowing the most common causes of water damage, you will know where your home’s weaknesses might be and possibly prevent a costly water loss.
- Toilet Related Water Damage - The two most common types of toilet related issues we encounter are toilet supply line leaks and toilet overflows or backups.
Air Conditioner - Air conditioner coils have a tendency buildup condensation and drip. The condensed moisture should be discharged safely outside of the home or into a drain leading to the sewer. The harder the air conditioning unit works the more water it tends to have to discharge. Sometimes this water overflows from the air conditioner condensation drip pan causing damages that can vary quite considerably. Hot Water Heater - As water heaters age, they will quite often times develop sediment in the tank. This sediment can cause the water heater to fail by blocking drain lines, hoses, and other components. These types of failures often times result in water leaking from the unit and causing untold amounts of damage.Appliances - This category would include appliances commonly found in the kitchen or washroom like refrigerators, ice makers, dishwashers, and washing machines.Leaking Pipe - Causes of pipe leaks are just about numerous as pine trees on Kennesaw Mountain but the most common types of issues we see are maintenance related and pipe bursts during extremely cold weather.
- Toilet Supply Line - This type of leak is probably the most common causes of toilet related water damage and in most cases would be considered a Class 1 Water Damage.
- Toilet Overflows & Backups - These type of water damages act exactly as they sound, resulting often times with highly contaminated water or sewage being expelled from the toilet. Due to the nature of these types of water damage they would be categorized as a Class 3 Water Damage.
Like us out on Facebook or leave us a Google Review!
Flooded Basement in Marietta GA
Flooded Basement in Marietta GA
We recently received a call around 6:45 pm on a weekday night from a customer with about five inches of standing water in their basement. The homeowner had returned home from vacation to discover that there was no hot water available in the home. They then noticed a musty smell coming from the basement. Water was discovered coming from an older water heater that had sprung a leak. The water heater had burst, and water engulfed the basement including the finished bonus living space and theater room. Luckily, this homeowner called SERVPRO of Marietta West, so help was only moments away!
As soon as our claims specialist finished taking down the customer’s information, they immediately dispatched our emergency mitigation crew to the customer’s home. Within the hour, our crew was on site and ready to jump into action. Our team of highly trained technicians were ready to get to work by taking the following steps:
Identifying the Source of Water – Check for the source of water or moisture in your home. The source must be stopped before any restoration or drying can be successful.
Identify Type of Water – Identifying the category and classification of water will ensure we restore your property to industry standards. The level of contamination of the water will affect the specific drying plan we use.
Survey Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises – To ensure proper and complete restoration, inspecting and testing the damaged area will help determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled. In addition, we will inspect for safety concerns such as testing for lead or asbestos containing materials.
Identify Signs of Visible Mold Growth – If extensive mold is found we will advise the decision maker and prepare a scope of work to remediate the mold. You can find more about our mold remediation services here:
Content Manipulation and Protection – Move any furniture and contents and/or block items to help prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet. Any contents that remain in the affected area will be protected from dust and debris.
Emergency Water Extraction – Using our purpose-built extraction equipment, we will remove as much excess water as possible from affected areas.
Treatments – Our process utilizes SERVPRO’s advanced cleaning agents such as; deodorizing treatments and EPA-registered anti-microbial to disinfect and prevent mold growth.
Floor and Wall Inspection – We will determine the extent of water has permeated affected materials like flooring, subfloors and walls to see if they can be dried and saved or if they need to be removed.
Disposal – Remove and dispose of damaged materials with approval from the customer and adjuster if needed.
Placing Equipment – Drying equipment removes moisture and brings the relative humidity level back to normal. We monitor moisture affected materials until the materials meet drying goals.
Measure Temperature/Humidity for Drying Analysis – Technicians will monitor the temperature and humidity levels in the home or business to make sure conditions are conducive for drying.
Visit Recap – Before leaving the customers home the technician will check in with the homeowner to give them an update on the progress made during their visit. Our project coordinator will reach out to schedule your monitoring visits to complete the drying process.
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West (770) 428-5467 if you want your home’s restoration done right the first time!
Three Easy Steps to Remember When Your Toilet Backs-up or Overflows
When thing seem out of control and you need a helping hand, give SERVPRO of Marietta West! We'll bring back order and your peace of mind!
When disaster strikes, sometimes it hard to know what the first step toward getting things back to normal is. The trained professionals at SERVPRO of Marietta West can make it “Like it never even happened”. If you or someone you know has recently experienced a water damage or a sewage backup, call SERVPRO of Marietta West. We’ve provided fast and reliable service to the Great Atlanta Area for over 30 years and are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days year, including all major holidays. No matter the time of night…No matter the size of the job…SERVPRO of Marietta West is ready for any disaster!
- Protect yourself from potentially harmful sewage – Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the structure once access to power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock. Do not enter areas that have sagging or falling ceilings. Technicians wear protective boots, gloves, Tyvek suits, and even respirators to protect themselves during a toilet backup. Not only does this prevent our techs from being harmed during the cleanup process, but it also helps prevent transferring contaminates to non-affected areas.
- Stop the source of water – In some toilet overflow cases this is simple as shutting off the water supply line to your commode. Most supply lines can be found at the base of your toilet and are very easily shut off by turning the knob connected to the water shut-off valve. The water can also be turned off at the water main. This method can be particularly helpful if you don’t know exactly where the water leak is coming from. This technique turns the water off to the entire structure and can be problematic because the residents will be unable to use any water fixture in the home or business until the water main is turned back on.Sometimes the toilet backup is result of clogged drain lines or pipes and can be cleared using a toilet plunger. In the event the blockage cannot be cleared with a household plunger, we strongly recommend you contact a trusted water restoration service provider like SERVPRO. Difficult obstructions may have to be cleared by trained professional using specialized equipment like a “drain snake”.
- CALL SERVPRO! – SERVPRO can be on site within an hour in most cases. Until help arrives you can help prevent further damage. Removing water as soon as safely possible by using traditional methods like blotting with towels or mop and bucket. Take special care around color sensitive textiles like clothing, carpets, rugs, furniture and upholstery. Move sensitive valuables such as artwork, electronics, and documents to a suitable dry place while taking care not to spread sewage to unaffected areas. Use anti-microbial cleaning agents during the cleanup process to help prevent future mold growth.
Don’t go it alone…Call in the professionals from SERVPRO of Marietta West. Our trained mitigation crews have the experience and know-how to fix any size disaster. Don’t take our word for it though, check out what our satisfied customers have to say!
Emergency Water Damage Tips
SERVPRO of Marietta West's emergency water restoration and drying services are available 24/7! We are your trusted local restoration company, and have provided the highest quality services available to both residential and commercial properties for over 13 years. No matter the size of the job, choosing SERVPRO of Marietta West is the first step in the right direction, towards recovery.
Here are some SERVPRO approved Do's and Don'ts when it comes to water damage:
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don't enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don't use your household vacuum cleaners to remove water, this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
If you or someone you know has recently experienced a water loss please don't hesitate to contact us here or give us a call (770) 428-5467. We have live operators answering our phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week including all major holidays.
SERVPRO of Marietta West is ready to make it "Like it never even happened."
24/7 Water Damage Removal & Restoration in Marietta GA
SERVPRO of Marietta West is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help Call Today - (770) 428-5467
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Marietta West has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect After a Water Loss:
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
Your name and contact information?
Your insurance information (if applicable)?
The street address of the water-damaged home or business?
When did the flooding or water damage occur?
What caused the water damage?
Is there electricity available on-site?
About SERVPRO of Marietta West
SERVPRO of Marietta West specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- IICRC Certified Firm
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
Get to know SERVPRO of Marietta West
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Marietta West is strategically located to respond quickly to your water or flood damage event. When a major flooding event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
What You Need To Know About Water Damage Restoration
From a broken pipe to inclement weather, standing water in a home or standing water in a business can cause mayhem on possessions and the property. It is hard to be prepared with full mitigation plans, but it is very important to react as fast as possible and expect to need water damage restoration. To minimize the harm done to the home, water cleanup and water damage restoration must happen quickly. When an emergency flooding happens, it is best to seek expert help and to do so as quickly as possible. Experts will arrive with high-tech, powerful equipment that will extract the water and minimize flood damage.
In the event of a home or commercial water loss please contact SERVPRO of Marietta West – (770) 428-5467 - or you can visit www.SERVPROmariettawest.com for more information on water damage.
It is best to seek out certified experts who are trained extensively to deal with flooding emergencies whether the water is in the home or if the water is in a business. They can also advise homeowners on how to handle mitigation of water damage while the tenants or owners wait for them to arrive. Below is a list that can help reduce flood damage and help manage fallout mitigation.
- If possible, immediately stop the water at its source to reduce the water in the home or the water in the business and speed up water cleanup.
- If it is safe to do so turn off all electricity and move all smaller electric device.
- Pin up any furniture skirts, drapes, or tapestries that hang low or have contact with the floor to avoid water damage to the fabric.
- Wash your hands after moving damaged belongings.
- As much as possible, avoid walking on carpet.
- Remove all moisture-sensitive, fragile belongings, anything of high-value, as well as items that could cause stains.
- Move any furnishings that can be moved from the carpeted area of the home or place aluminum foil underneath furniture legs. This should help mitigation of the risk of long-lasting rust caused by flood damage.
- Plan for a water damage restoration team to move furniture to already drying areas.
- Avoid any/all possibility of electric shock to any living persons and pets. Do not use any electric devices until the emergency flood removal crew tells you it is okay. Do not use a shop or home vacuum to attempt water removal on from the property without cleanup experts onsite.
- Do not turn on the heating, air conditioning, or fans in an attempt to speed the drying and cleanup process. Air movement may spread contamination if the flooding is at all sewage-related.
Powerful extraction and air movement gear is then brought into the home by expert cleanup crews to remove any presence of freestanding water. Water is then thoroughly removed from upholstery, carpet, and carpet padding. Then the drying by air movement with professional fans begins.
If flooding is particularly bad, carpet and carpet padding may be moved temporarily to assist with drying.
Water in a home can be an extremely expensive emergency if there is extensive flood damage. Water damage can be even more costly if there is water in a business that carries a large inventory. In order to prevent flood damage and water damage, it is important to contact professional cleanup crews that can speed up the drying process with water cleanup and air movement as soon as possible. The sooner water cleanup is completed water damage restoration can begin.
Cleanup and Restoration your Flooded Basement with SERVPRO of Marietta West
Too many homeowners have descended their basement steps to find a pool of murky water. Water follows the path of least resistance, finding cracks and holes through basement walls. Flooding can often be attributed to insufficient drainage around basement walls, heavy rains, a faulty sump pump, or a combination of these factors.
SERVPRO of Marietta West Professionals are highly trained in water damage restoration including basement and crawlspace flooding. They have the experience, expertise, and equipment to remove the water and dry your basement properly. Their water removal and drying process emphasizes monitoring and documentation to validate your property is dry.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Water Damage Restoration Specialists
- Locally Owned and Operated
Basement Flooding? Call Us Today SERVPRO of Marietta West (770) 428-5467
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Marietta West is strategically located to respond quickly to your water or flood damage event. When a major flooding event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
24 Hour Emergency Water Removal Service
Basements can flood day or night, on weekends and even holidays, and that’s why SERVPRO of Marietta West Professionals offer 24 hour emergency service, 365 days a year. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
Faster to Any Size Basement Emergency
Immediate action is crucial when dealing with flooded basements. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size water emergency.
Highly Trained Water Restoration Specialists
As water damage specialists, SERVPRO of Marietta West Professionals have the expertise and advanced training that enables them to get your basement dried properly and any affected belongings cleaned and dried. They use scientific drying principles and provide validation and documentation that your property is dry and the job is complete. Learn about water damage training/certificates.
Marietta's Emergency Water Damage Restoration Service
When every minute counts and customer satisfaction is critical, you want experienced people you can rely on!
Emergency flood water damage restoration requires urgency and skill. Trained and certified to the highest standards in the industry, our professionals respond immediately – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – mitigate loss and meet every challenge with professionalism, reliability, compassion and respect.
SERVPRO of Bartow Count provides 24-hour water damage restoration service in:
Recognizing that water damage causes a devastating setback to families or businesses; we do whatever it takes to give back that sense of security with minimal disruption. Our recovery and restoration process is aimed at property and people. We offer water damage repair solution; you can rely on to minimize the impact of flooding and water damage.
Take a Moment to Consider
Our commitment to customer excellence includes you, which means that you can expect effective, ongoing communication and reporting from us. We understand your requirements. We will provide a complete estimate within 24-48 hours.
SERVPRO of Bartow County offers the following emergency water damage restoration services:
- Emergency water extraction
- Removal and containment of odor caused by mold and mildew
- Drying and dehumidification
- Emergency Commercial Water Damage Restoration Service Available
- Fully Licensed & Insured Commercial Water Damage Restoration Contractor
- Expert Certified Commercial Water Damage Restoration Professionals
Call us immediately at (770) 428-5467 for water damage restoration services in Marietta.
Protect Your Home From Water Damage When Your On Vacation
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West (770) 428-5467
Lots of things can go wrong in your home while you’re on vacation, most commonly leaks and water damage. Read our steps below to learn how to help prevent and reduce the risk of water damage when you’re away:
Check for Leaks
Before you leave on vacation, be sure to check around your house for any leaks. Pipes under sinks, your water heater, anything resembling rust, cracks, or other damage. It’s important to check the seals around your windows and the exterior of your home as well. If you find any leakage, be sure to fix it right away so everything can be repaired and in good condition before you leave.
Important appliances such as your dishwasher, washer/dryer, and refrigerator are all connected to your home by hoses. If these hoses are damaged in any way, they can cause major water damage to your home. Inspect your appliances and, if needed, replace their hoses prior to leaving on vacation.
Clean Your Gutters
Cleaning leaves and other debris out from your gutters before taking a vacation is an easy way to prevent potential blockage and build up. To learn more about the advantages of clean gutters, click here.
Turn Off the Water
Whenever you leave your home for an extended period of time, it’s important to turn off the water main and make sure the pipes are completely drained. This will stop any water from continually leaking in your home while you’re away. Simply run the water and flush your toilet after you turn off the water.
Have Someone Check on Your Home
Coordinate to have someone come over and check on your home while you’re away. Having a friend, neighbor, or family member keep an eye on your property can help keep it in good shape, and they can notify you immediately if something goes wrong.
With these tips, you can truly enjoy your vacation with the peace of mind that your home is safe from any potential water damage that could occur in your absence. If your home does suffer from water damage, call our team at SERVPRO of Marietta West. We can help remove, repair, and restore any damage to your home.
How SERVPRO addresses water damage in your Kennesaw home or business
Water damage can come from many different sources, with varying intensities, danger levels, and reach of damage. Ultimately, many different objects, surfaces, and materials in a home can suffer water damage from the same event, and many homeowners question how a company such as SERVPRO of Marietta West handles a comprehensive water damage cleanup job. In this blog post, you'll learn about some of the ways our technicians control and repair water damage in local residences.
Identifying the Source and Water Type
Before all, water damage must be correctly defined by water type and source. Did it come from a storm or flood, or was it a pipe burst? There are also different types of water, typically categorized as either clean, gray, or black. Each one with different safety and cleanup protocols outlined by the IICRC. If necessary, our crew will work to stop the water flow as quickly as possible, to avert further damage to your home.
Surveying Damage and Mold
After we understand what type of damage we're dealing with, our technicians search the home visually and with moisture detection equipment to find out what objects have been affected, and what else needs to be done. Additionally, we look for signs of mold growth, which often takes priority in a cleanup operation.
Furniture and Water Removal
The next step is to remove all furniture from affected areas, and then pump out water if necessary. We use industrial-grade machinery to pump water from the interior to the exterior of the home, with either a portable or a truck-mounted pump.
Drying and Odor Treatments
At this point, we bring out more heavy machinery to begin drying and deodorizing the affected area, to make sure no more damage or mold growth occurs and any bad smells are removed.
Carpet Removal and Final Cleaning
In many cases, some or all of the carpeting in a room will need replacing. We make sure to evaluate carpeting carefully for moisture so as not to incur extra expenses. Sometimes, a cleaning may only be necessary, particularly when water damage is contained early on. After that is done, final cleanup and sanitization are done on walls and objects, and furniture is brought back into the home or rooms affected.
SERVPRO of Marietta West employs certified and well-trained technicians who are experienced with all kinds of water damage restoration and cleanup jobs. If you need our services for any type of water damage to your home, call us at (770) 428-5467 for 24/7 emergency service.
How To Decide When To Call In The Pros To Clean Up Water Damage
Water damage in your home can occur from a number of different sources ranging from outdoor flood damage, roof damage that lets in precipitation to interior causes such as a burst pipe or overflowing washer causing flood damage. Obviously, the longer water sits, the more water damage it is likely to cause. In addition, damage mitigation of water that comes from a clean interior source such as a pipe or washing machine is also easier than damage mitigation from flooding or a sewer issue. In some cases, whether it is water in your home or water in your business, you absolutely want to call in professionals to deal with the issue. However, there are some types of water damage restoration - particularly if it is water in your home - you might want to tackle on your own. For water in your business, there is the additional issue of valuable electronics, which are more susceptible to water damage and require different restoration and mitigation techniques. For water in your home, however, here is brief overview of how drying and water cleanup should occur.
Once you have cleaned and evacuated the majority of the water, your best friends in the final stages of water cleanup, restoration and drying are air and heat. For restoration and damage mitigation in floors in particular, getting the best airflow possible means getting furniture up above the surface of the floor so as not to block the airflow. In addition, you will also want to protect the legs and lower surfaces of furniture from wicking up the water and leaving stains once it dries. Drying out carpeting and flooring is also important and lifting furniture will aid in the drying process.
- Remove Baseboards & Drill Large Holes In Bottom Of Drywall
Drywall is not only dry, it also acts like a sponge, which means it will wick water high up into the walls where you can't see it because it's covered by paint. The paint also acts as a protective barrier that will keep air from being able to dry out the drywall. Drilling holes in the bottom of the drywall allows air to get inside the walls and dry out the drywall from the side that is not covered by paint. Drilling the holes in the bottom of the drywall also means they will be covered up once you replace the baseboards.
- Spray A Strong Disinfectant On The Walls
Mold, mildew and bacteria thrive in moist environments. To make sure that you do not have long-term mildew damage, be sure and spray any carpets and walls with a strong disinfectant or anti-bacterial spray. Also keep in mind that many insurance companies will cover flood recovery, but they will not cover mold and mildew damage, since that should have been taken care of in the initial recovery. This is something to consider when deciding whether or not to call in pros to recover from flood damage.
- Set Up Industrial Fans, Industrial Dehumidifier, & Crank Up The Heat
While regular household fans might be enough to create a cool breeze, they are not powerful enough to create a strong enough wind current to climb up high into your walls. Heat will help water evaporate, and dry air will absorb the water as it evaporates, but you have to then remove the water from the saturated air so it will absorb more moisture, which you do with the dehumidifier. You want to keep doors and windows tightly sealed during this process, so you may want to leave the house while the heat and fans do their work.
Water in your home will create damage if left standing long enough but water in your business has the potential to create even more damage due to the presence of more electronics. For water in your business, you will most likely want to call in the pros to do the water cleanup. Even in your home, however, water cleanup from flood damage can be pricey even if you do all the work yourself. The cost of renting industrial fans and an industrial dehumidifier might be comparable to hiring professionals to do it for you and you can be sure if you hire professionals that it is done properly and does not result in even costlier mold damage.
Visit www.SERVPROmariettawest.com for more information on water damage.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
Water Damage Comes In Many Classifications
Rely on SERVPRO of Marietta West to Restore Your Home After a Water Intrusion or Leak
Damage from water can occur from different sources throughout your home. Your kitchen can develop a leak in a water hose leading from a dishwasher or a kitchen pipe under the sink. Your washing machine can overflow, etc. Many people believe that the water caused by these instances is clean, but the EPA reports that “clean water” can carry unhealthy bacteria. Other causes of damage can also be caused by a leaking room, bad weather, or cracks within the foundation.
Water damage is classified into four different classes for proper treatment. If you experience water damage in your Marietta, GA home, restoration experts can determine what is needed in the clean-up efforts. The classification of water damage is based on the effects of the water, the rate of evaporation, and how much moisture is absorbed by the materials in the area. All four classifications involve the following information:
• Class One is the least harmful. This damage affects only part of a room, with materials that include particle board, plywood, structural wood, vinyl composition tile, and concrete.
• Class Two has a fast rate of evaporation. This faster rate means that carpets and cushions are damaged. The seepage of water up a wall is less than 24 inches, and moisture is held within structural materials.
• Class Three has the fastest rate of evaporation. Damage may come from faulty sprinklers or other ceiling sources that can soak the walls, furniture, carpets, ceilings and the subfloor. A wide-spread water event.
• Class Four requires special water restoration and removal treatment. This classification affects flooring, plaster, stone, brick, crawlspaces, and concrete.
SERVPRO is a leading industry, water remediation service. For the safety of everyone in the home, it is important to distinguish which category of water damage you have. Restoration experts from SERVPRO offer removal services such as sewage clean-up, structure drying, water mitigation, contents inventory and cleaning. Our ASD, applied structural drying technicians, can deal with any type of water problem requiring extraction and restoration. "Like it never even happened."
For a quick, professional, water removal service, contact SERVPRO of Marietta West. We are locally owned and operated. We have the expertise and equipment to restore your property properly. Call us today at (770) 428-5467. You can expect an immediate response time 24 hours a day, day or night.
Locally owned company with national resources, proudly to serving our local community:
What to do before help arrives!
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West for all your water removal and restoration needs!
- (770) 428-5467 -
If you have a water damage from a clean source such as water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, here are some things to do before SERVPRO of Marietta West arrives.
- Shut off the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
SERVPRO of Marietta West provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. Our highly trained technicians can respond immediately to your residential or commercial emergency.
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West -(770) 428-5467-
Faster To Your Water Damage Event
Faster to any Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Marietta West provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Marietta West arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
· Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
· Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
· Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
· Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
· Drywall begins to swell and break down.
· Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
· Furniture begins to swell and crack.
· Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
· A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
· Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
· Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
· Metal begins to rust and corrode.
· Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
· Paint begins to blister.
· Wood flooring swells and warps.
· Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
· Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
· Structural safety, mold growth, and bio-hazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Call the Cleanup Team That's Faster to Any Size Disaster
Commercial water damage or a basement flood in your family home, SERVPRO of Marietta West is here to make it "like it never even happened"
There's no such thing as a small disaster-especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria or can cause mold, rot and other unseen damage. A pipe bursts. A water heater leaks. A bathtub overflows. Flood waters rush in. A sprinkler system malfunctions. Water damage can happen in any number of ways. But if your business or home is under a few a backseat. Only one thing matters when your business can't operate...A solution!
Water damage can affect property!!! Before you get out the mop bucket...Call SERVPRO of Marietta West
SERVPRO Professionals are that solution. Equipment with the knowledge, the experience, and the training to help make your water damage "Like it never even happened," SERVPRO Professionals will start helping the moment you call. Backed by more than 40 years of experiences, your SERVPRO Professionals will help put your worries to ease, because they understand the science of drying. Before you risk further damaging the value of your home or facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call SERVPRO of Marietta West (770) 428-5467, your local water damage clean up and restoration professionals.
Water damage can affect the value of your property. Before you get out the mop bucket and try to clean it yourself, consider how the damage can affect your property. SERVPRO Professionals know how disruptive water damage can be for your home or business. SERVPRO Professionals are trained and equipped to manage the drying process. By utilizing the proper equipment and moisture measuring devices, your building will be quickly and thoroughly dried to industry standards, which will help prevent secondary water damages. With rapid response time and full line of water cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of Marietta West Professionals can help you regain control quickly, ensuring your facility and its contents are properly dried, deodorized and protected.
When water damage strikes, give SERVPRO of Marietta West a call (770-428-5467);we will help to make things right, make things dry and make it "Like it never even happened."
For additional articles like this visit our friends over at www.SERVPROSERVPROeastcobbga.com
Check us out on Facebook & Google Local
Did you know there is actually a science behind the process of drying?
Having the knowledge of psychrometrics in essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its pre-loss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of Marietta West Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages. If your business suffers a water damage, SERVPRO of Marietta West Professional will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does it mean to help "speed up Mother Nature"? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material-but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out.
SERVPRO of Marietta West Professionals have the tools and equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more. SERVPRO of Marietta West Professionals also use state-of-the-art monitoring equipment, and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business.
The Bottom line? SERVPRO of Marietta West Professionals have the training and equipment to help make water damage "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of Marietta West at: (770) 428-5467