Emergency Water Extraction in Kennesaw, GA
SERVPRO of Marietta West provides emergency water extraction, drying and restoration services, 24-hours a day seven days a week, to the greater Kennesaw and Marietta, GA area. That means when your toilet overflows late one evening, or a tree falls on your home in the middle of the night, or how about your septic or sewage system backs up Thanksgiving morning and you are expecting guests that evening for Thanksgiving dinner...it’s time to call SERVPRO of Marietta West. We are the company Kennesaw, Marietta and greater Atlanta area homeowners can call to make it “Like it never even happened.” We are your trusted, locally owned and operated water, fire and mold restoration company. Water restoration can be a long, arduous process but it doesn’t have to be; Call SERVPRO of Marietta West, the professionals that are faster to any size disaster.
Water damage happens...When it does call SERVPRO of Marietta West (770) 428-5467
Here are a few things you can do while help is on the way:
- If safe to do, shut off the water source. If you are unable to locate or turn off the water source, SERVPRO’s highly trained water restoration technician can assist you with this.
- If safe to do so, turn off electrical power at the circuit breakers in areas that are affected by the water loss. If you are unable or feel uncomfortable with turning off the power, again SERVPRO’s highly trained water restoration technician can assist you with this.
- Remove as much excess water as possible through mopping and blotting.with towels. If available a shop-vac rated for wet-dry use, or a submersible pump can come in very handy when standing water is involved, assuming you are trained in the safe use of these tools.
- Aluminium foil or wood blocks can be placed between wet carpet and furniture legs or feet to prevent additional damage to both the furniture and possibly the carpet.
- Valuables, medications, and other sensitive items should be moved to a safe dry place. Such items include paintings, sculptures or other art objects, computers and other electronic devices, food products and personal files or documents.
- Do not enter any affected areas if electrical switches, outlets, electrical equipment or circuit breakers are exposed to water. All precautions should be taken to avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaners to remove water unless rated for both wet and dry use. This could cause damage to the vacuum cleaner or even worse, electrical shock to the user.
- Do not turn on ceiling fans or lights if the ceiling is wet. This could cause an electrical short and become a major fire hazard.
- Do not enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water. The ceiling could give way at any moment and cause you bodily harm.
When it comes to water damage, time is often of the essence. If you or someone you know has recently experienced a water loss, don't hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Marietta West here or give us a call (770) 428-5467. We have live operators answering our phone 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, including all major holidays.
ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
ECTP- Employee Certification Training Program
SERVPRO of Marietta West is one of the most trusted names in the water restoration industry. You can take our word for it, or see what some of our customers have to say about SERVPRO of Marietta West: Google My Business Reviews, Facebook Reviews, BBB A+ Accredited Business Reviews
Looking for more information on the water mitigation & restoration process, check out some of our related Water Damage Restoration Blogs: “SERVPRO of Marietta West’s 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines”; “What to Expect When You Call SERVPRO of Marietta West”; “Residential Drying and Water Mitigation Preformed on Powder Springs, GA Home”; “Refrigerator Supply Line Causes Residential Water Loss in Marietta, GA”