“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
When there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can affect your health and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Marietta West professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different, requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same. The following steps illustrate a “typical” mold removal process.
SERVPRO of Marietta West's Mold Restoration & Remediation Process
- Inspection & Damage Assessment - Property is carefully inspected for signs of mold and water damage using specialized equipment and techniques
- Mold Containment - containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process
- Air Filtration - Specialized HEPA vacuums and HEPA air scrubber equipment captures mold spores out of the air preventing spores from spreading
- Removing Mold & Contaminated Materials - Removing and disposing of mold-infested porous materials and using antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold and prevent future growth
- Cleaning Contents & Belongings - Our highly trained team of contents restoration specialist utilize SERVPRO's proprietary techniques and training to clean, deodorize and otherwise restore the contents of your home
- Restoration of Structure - Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may be restored or removed and replaced
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (770) 428-5467
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (770) 428-5467
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Marietta West is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2020 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: