Emergency Water Damage Tips
SERVPRO of Marietta West's emergency water restoration and drying services are available 24/7! We are your trusted local restoration company, and have provided the highest quality services available to both residential and commercial properties for over 13 years. No matter the size of the job, choosing SERVPRO of Marietta West is the first step in the right direction, towards recovery.
Here are some SERVPRO approved Do's and Don'ts when it comes to water damage:
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don't enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don't use your household vacuum cleaners to remove water, this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
If you or someone you know has recently experienced a water loss please don't hesitate to contact us here or give us a call (770) 428-5467. We have live operators answering our phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week including all major holidays.