Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Dealing with water damage can be a tricky task, especially if you’ve never dealt with a water loss before. Don’t worry SERVPRO of Marietta West has your back, with these helpful tips for dealing with water damage. Please keep in mind that no two water losses are identical. So if at any point you feel like you are in over your head, you can always give SERVPRO of Marietta West a call. Our helpful technicians are on call 24/7, so they are always just around the corner. Our emergency response time is typically less than one hour, and we can provide our customers with a full write-up, scope of work, and action plan to take your home or business from soaking wet to dry preloss conditions in no time. Call SERVPRO of Marietta West and let us make it “Like it never even happened.”
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (770) 428-5467
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.