Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Smoke and fire damage can be a nightmare for home and business owners. If you ever experience even a small fire loss, you know first hand the heartache and stress it can cause. SERVPRO of Marietta West is here to make such a trying time more bearable and offers turnkey solutions for fire repairs and restoration. SERVPRO can turn a sad and scary event, like a house fire, into an opportunity to start a new chapter in your home or business’s life by rebuilding or redesigning affected areas. We know that you have many options to choose from when it comes to fire and smoke restoration services, and would encourage you to check out what some of our very satisfied customers have to say about their experience working with SERVPRO of Marietta West. If you or somebody you know has experienced a home or business fire, please don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Marietta West so that we can make it “Like it never even happened."
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (770) 428-5467
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.