If you have a generator on hand for power outages during severe weather, follow the safety tips below from the American Red Cross:
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove, or other gasoline, propane, natural gas, or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawl space, or any partially enclosed area.
- To avoid electrocution, keep the generator dry and do not use in rain or wet conditions. Operate it on a dry surface under an open canopy like structure, such as under a tarp held up on poles. Do not touch the generator with wet hands.
- Open doors and windows or using fans will not prevent carbon monoxide (CO) buildup in the home. Although carbon monoxide can't be seen or smelled, it can rapidly lead to full incapacitation and death. Even if you cannot smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed to carbon monoxide. If you start to feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator, get to fresh air immediately.
- Install carbon monoxide alarms in central locations on every level of your home or property and outside sleeping areas to provide early warning of accumulating carbon monoxide.
Locally Owned Company with National Storm Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Marietta West is close by and ready to respond to storm and disaster events. We are proud to be an active member of the Marietta community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities: