How Flames Can Damage Your Marietta Home | SERVPRO of Marietta West
A house fire can be a chaotic situation. As if attempting to escape safely isn’t hard enough, the aftermath can present devastating challenges. No matter the cause, the spread of flames can
damage your property in a number of ways.
Flames aren’t the only element of a house fire that can wreak havoc on your home; smoke and soot can also cause irreversible damage when left unaddressed. Your home’s structure and anything inside will face the consequences when flames are burning.
Even a small fire is enough to destroy expensive equipment and necessitate a lengthy restoration. While you work to safeguard your Marietta house from flames, make sure you understand the ramifications a fire emergency can have as well.
Smoke and Flames Ruin Your Belongings
- Once smoke and flames have infiltrated your house, their particles start to seep into your possessions and continue to penetrate deeper over time. Smoke and soot eat away at your electronic equipment, furniture, clothing, family photos and other items in your home.
- Thankfully, many of these items are still salvageable, so make sure to put anything you can in a safe place until restoration efforts have begun. Making sure odors from smoke and flames are eradicated is one of the most crucial restoration procedures involved in saving your possessions.
A Charred Odor Lingers Inside
- When a fire sparks in your home, the smell is sure to give it away. Emergencies, like an electrical fire, can have a distinct smell once flames break out. The smell won’t just linger in your home—it’ll stick to any item it penetrates.
- Even after a fire has been extinguished, a smoky odor is sure to linger until you call in a restoration professional.
Weakening Your Home’s Infrastructure
- It only takes a few seconds for a fire to completely engulf your home. In severe situations, your home’s infrastructure could be significantly weakened and rebuilding efforts could be needed.
- If you wait to undergo repairs after a house fire, smoke can eat away at your walls, ceilings, flooring and roof. Flames have the power to bend metal structures and crack concrete, resulting in an unstable foundation.
Don’t wait for fire damage to worsen, contact SERVPRO for a rapid response. We can get your problem under control before flames, smoke and odors spread any further.