Six Tip on Protecting Your Kennesaw, GA Home or Business From Winter Weather
Winter has just begun...Are you prepared for the coming cold Kennesaw, Georgia weather?
Cold weather can have a massive impact on your home or business when you are not ready for it. SERVPRO of Marietta West wants you and your property to be prepared for winter in North Georgia. From freezing temperatures with damaging winds, to heavy rain or frozen sleet and snow, all can cause serious and expensive property damage. While you cannot control the weather, you can make efforts to be prepared, which can help take the sting out of winter weather.
To help avoid costly damages due to winter weather conditions, consider taking the following precautions to protect your Kennesaw home or business before colder weather hits.
- Check your business or property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall. This could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected to help ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building. Clear gutters of debris that may have gathered during the fall. Leaves and other obstructions can cause a damming effect if left to build up. This can lead to roof damage and/or allow water to get into the interior of the structure.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate a potential flood hazard.
- Inspect all hand rails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave cabinet doors open, allowing warm air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has out door faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawlspace. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
- Have SERVPRO of Marietta West complete an Emergency READY Profile (ERP) for your business. The ERP is a no-cost assessment of your facility and provides you with a plan to get back in business faster following a disaster.
When winter strikes, call SERVPRO of Marietta West to strike back!
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Marietta West is close by and ready to respond to storm and disaster events. We are proud to be an active member of the Marietta community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities: